Scott Stapp and Wife

BigDov said:
I applaud you jaxxor...... if only my wife would have listened to that sort of reasoning all those years ago *sigh*

Weddings are silly expensive. Especially with divorce rates these days. My cousin did the extremely fancy wedding out of her mom and grandfathers pockets and was divorced about a year later.

April23 said:
Weddings are silly expensive. Especially with divorce rates these days. My cousin did the extremely fancy wedding out of her mom and grandfathers pockets and was divorced about a year later.

It's ridiculous how expensive it was- if I remember right, her parents spent $10k in 1993 dollars and it wasn't really anything all that fancy. It was nice, but I've still never figured out where all that cash went.

NOT TO MENTION the fact that we then paid $150 to have her dress vacuum-sealed for all eternity....... as if it's ever going to be pulled out of the box and worn again :eek:

BigDov said:
It's ridiculous how expensive it was- if I remember right, her parents spent $10k in 1993 dollars and it wasn't really anything all that fancy. It was nice, but I've still never figured out where all that cash went.

NOT TO MENTION the fact that we then paid $150 to have her dress vacuum-sealed for all eternity....... as if it's ever going to be pulled out of the box and worn again :eek:

I'm not sure where my wife's dress is. We never sealed it up or anything. I should go find that.

BigDov said:

What is with that? My mom did that to her dress ... whats the reason besides a huge clutter of a momento?

April23 said:
I remember going through one of those stores with Ash and found something we thought was hilarious and sent you the pic of it... anal butter or something...

Did you at least get that?!

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!!

April23 said:
What is with that? My mom did that to her dress ... whats the reason besides a huge clutter of a momento?

I really don't know. I think she might want to believe that one of the kids will wear it when they get married one day. I'm going to be fighting that shit tooth and nail with a "Let's all fly to Vegas and have some fun" option.......

April23 said:

When you spend anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand dollars on something and only use it once, you have to justify it somehow.

smileynev said:
When you spend anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand dollars on something and only use it once, you have to justify it somehow.

I'd justify it by reselling it.

smileynev said:

Good point, but putting it away in a box and never looking at it again isn't justification enough to me.

smileynev said:

I'm thinking it could be useful in the bedroom :hi2u:

April23 said:
I'd justify it by reselling it.

Sure. But buying a used wedding dress is a little....bleh. Unless its an antique or something

BigDov said:
I really don't know. I think she might want to believe that one of the kids will wear it when they get married one day. I'm going to be fighting that shit tooth and nail with a "Let's all fly to Vegas and have some fun" option.......

My mom said that and I told her the style was not up-to-date. It has long sleeves!

Maybe she'll let her future grandkids (from my sister not me) play in it one day. :fly:

April23 said:
My mom said that and I told her the style was not up-to-date. It has long sleeves!

Maybe she'll let her future grandkids (from my sister not me) play in it one day. :fly:

:lol: Picky picky picky!!!

Funny you should say that- I know that my mom still has her wedding dress around somewhere, and my sister always said she was going to wear it when she got married. Of course, that never happened........ mainly because Dawn ended up begin about 6 inches taller than mom LOL

It's just silly to me, it really is. And now I've got a 3foot long box to store forever :confused:

BigDov said:
:lol: Picky picky picky!!!

Funny you should say that- I know that my mom still has her wedding dress around somewhere, and my sister always said she was going to wear it when she got married. Of course, that never happened........ mainly because Dawn ended up begin about 6 inches taller than mom LOL

It's just silly to me, it really is. And now I've got a 3foot long box to store forever :confused:

Who buys something, wears it once, then stores it?

Just not practical. :tard:

April23 said:

pics of sister?