Schumacher to step in for Massa

G-Shock

Flaccid Member
Feb 25, 2009
Dallas
Marklar
₥0
from michael's website:
"The most important thing first: thanks God, all news concerning Felipe are positive. I wish him all the best again.

I was meeting this afternoon with Stefano Domenicali and Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe. Though it is true that the chapter Formula 1 has been closed for me since long and completely, it is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore that unfortunate situation. But as the competitor I am I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."

Wow, time to dust off the my F1 Schumi caps and pull out the Ferrari jacket!

I was shocked to hear this. Even more shocked to learn a couple of days after the fact what happened to Massa. When I tuned in it was for the race, not Q and all I saw was Hamilton leading, that was shocking enough.

I feel really bad for Felipe though, to have a whole career ruined by a freak accident. :(

I don't think he will come back and win races like he did before he retired. Button & Barrichello are in great form this season for Brawn. Plus. Brawn is not with Ferrari anymore.

Well I don't know how often he drives the new Ferrari F1 race car. He could be doing testing for them.

It's not 'driving a car'. Do you know how much physical exertion it takes to drive a grand prix? :wtf: They're not 'drivers', they're athletes.

I know you haven't already, but please don't say NASCAR drivers are athletes