Rug Advice - Shave or Landing Strip?

I dont have time to catch up on all the post's I missed this week so I will say it in here...

Been really busy with work, love yall, miss yall, fuck yall and <3

We really need a "sum up the week" thread.

I also suggest checking the "as is" department at your local Ikea if there is one. I bought a rug there for $7.00. It had a small stain in one corner that cleaned with some resolve.

If you are looking for quality in your area rug, go for real wool. They last forever and clean really well, but they are generally really expensive.

Why is wool expensive? Are they killing the sheep every time they shave them? *ponders*
Dont worry, the price of oil is driving up synthetics. Soon, wool will be cheaper compared to other rugs. The oriental rugs are cool though, they have barely any smushiness but you could use them to beat someone to death. Only the small hands of children can make rugs like that, living in a third world country subsisting on a diet of rice water and cockroaches.

Dont worry, the price of oil is driving up synthetics. Soon, wool will be cheaper compared to other rugs. The oriental rugs are cool though, they have barely any smushiness but you could use them to beat someone to death. Only the small hands of children can make rugs like that, living in a third world country subsisting on a diet of rice water and cockroaches.

Don't ever tell anyone this or I'll kill you. I never made the realization that as we run out of oil synthetics will get more and more expensive until I saw one of those Michael Moore movies. Did you learn it there too?

Don't ever tell anyone this or I'll kill you. I never made the realization that as we run out of oil synthetics will get more and more expensive until I saw one of those Michael Moore movies. Did you learn it there too?
I've only ever seen Canadian Bacon, which I have to admit, being from upstate NY is pretty funny.

I noticed that the price of vinyl is going up even faster than oil last summer. So I sunk a huge chunk of money into BASF last fall, and it has jumped *checks* 37.04% since that time. Then just yesterday working on my small housing project I was pricing out siding. In my opinion the only cure for vinyl siding is hurricane force winds, I hate the shit, I hate putting it up, I hate how it looks, and I hate tearing it down, so I want to use T1-11 or fiber cement. After listening to my dad bitch non-stop about how I was going to go broke buying anything except vinyl I showed him the quotes for vinyl siding -now-. It costs about the same as fiber cement (a premium building product in this area) and twice as much as T1-11 (um, plywood type stuff).

Synthetic never occurs to me much though because I'm sensitive to it. I cant live in a house with poly- anything carpeting. It isnt deathly but it is uncomfortable. Burning, and rashes if I touch it.

Last edited:
I also suggest checking the "as is" department at your local Ikea if there is one. I bought a rug there for $7.00. It had a small stain in one corner that cleaned with some resolve.
How big would a $7 rug be, anyway?

Sarcasmo said:
Why is wool expensive? Are they killing the sheep every time they shave them? *ponders*
Oh, definitely.