Rug Advice - Shave or Landing Strip?

Dream

Erect Member
Oct 5, 2006
Keizer, OR
Marklar
₥0
No...I am not talking about "my rug" or how to "munch it" or grooming. You perves! ;-)

I am moving into a townhouse in a couple of weeks and the whole downstairs is tile. I have never lived in a place without carpeting, so I am sort of at a loss for decorating/area rug ideas.

What size should I get? What is a fair price? What type of fabric is best? Wool? Leather? Shag?

The only thing I really know, is that I do not want an "oriental" design.

Does anyone have ideas, suggestions, knowledge on area rugs?

Any help/discussion is appreciated.

Shave it, no need to have one whatsoev....oh, you said it has nothing to do with that. Well, nevermind then.

edit: Seriously what kind of responses were you expecting? :lol:

Last edited:
Rugs are expensive. I like tile and wood floors though. =)
The places I have looked online, have most large rugs going for lots of money. $600 to $2000. I guess that is the norm?

Should I just not even bother with an area rug?
I wonder without a rug, if the noise level will be a lot higher? Of course, it could be good for the listening to music thing.....

If you go to your local Lowe's or Home Depot they will often have rug sales. They have numerous styles to choose from too .. not just oriental styles.

You can also shop online. Sometimes you can find places that has free shipping. I have a pass key to some design sites .. I'll look around and post some links ina bit.

If you go to your local Lowe's or Home Depot they will often have rug sales. They have numerous styles to choose from too .. not just oriental styles.

:gag: :puke: :choke:

Or maybe those places arent as bad as they are around here. Aint nothing worse than a synthetic area rug though. Unless it's rubber, but we call those mats.

You are so wrong there. The Lowes here have some rugs there that cost over a grand a piece. Your Lowes must suck balls.

I was more thinking of Home Depot. Lowes is pretty nice, but I only buy caulk there, not seen the flooring, their bathroom section is pretty swank. Home Depot *shudder*, they have the nastiest, ugliest, cheap ass flooring Ive ever seen. Essentially if you are buying it at home depot, it is probably crap.