Thread Roll call: Start of another working week

dodge-challenger-1970a.jpg

i had a nice weekend.
i went shopping @ pier1 imports and we got our new furniture on sunday, so i got to decorating and rearranging my house...which i love doing :)

Er.....I think you missed the point of this thread.

It's for those of us who work to moan, bitch and commiserate with each other about how we while away our worthless lives.

Not for lazy housewives to tell us how great their weekend was!

My weekend consisted of driving 1700 miles for a surprise 40th birthday party for my bro. No one knew I was going and everyone was stunned so it was a great success.

Yesterday I was in the Rocky Mountains, and today I'm at my desk at work. Completely exhausted. Life sucks.

The Raton pass was beautiful yesterday afternoon. A small storm was rolling in from the southeast over the volcanic landscape and it was fantastic. Full blown thunderstorms must be incredible out there.

I explored Trinidad, CO for a bit before that, curious about what appears to be an economic boom. The historic downtown area is fixed up and looking fantastic compared to what it was a few years ago. A cute blonde working at Sonic filled me in with some details about the area while we ate lunch together. Something about oil and gas. I don't really remember. She had epic boobs though. She also said she loves to ride the trolley, and it turns out she meant an actual trolley. I didn't really have time for that, though, so I thanked her and went on my way.

Saw a new 18-hole golf course out east of town, and most of the homes I investigated up in the hills near downtown were old, small, and dilapidated, however on occasion a hidden jewel would pop up in the form of an old multistory with a wraparound porch that had seen some pretty heavy renovation and expansion. Modern homes were located farther out though I didn't spend the time to explore them. Overall I didn't see anything that immediately grabbed me while driving around (aside from a hot '51 Styleline on someone's driveway), but I'm still pretty intrigued by the area, strategically located at the midpoint between Denver and Santa Fe in some incredibly beautiful scenery. Loads of hunting, fishing, and hiking.

My weekend consisted of driving 1700 miles for a surprise 40th birthday party for my bro. No one knew I was going and everyone was stunned so it was a great success.

Yesterday I was in the Rocky Mountains, and today I'm at my desk at work. Completely exhausted. Life sucks.

The Raton pass was beautiful yesterday afternoon. A small storm was rolling in from the southeast over the volcanic landscape and it was fantastic. Full blown thunderstorms must be incredible out there.

I explored Trinidad, CO for a bit before that, curious about what appears to be an economic boom. The historic downtown area is fixed up and looking fantastic compared to what it was a few years ago. A cute blonde working at Sonic filled me in with some details about the area while we ate lunch together. Something about oil and gas. I don't really remember. She had epic boobs though. She also said she loves to ride the trolley, and it turns out she meant an actual trolley. I didn't really have time for that, though, so I thanked her and went on my way.

Saw a new 18-hole golf course out east of town, and most of the homes I investigated up in the hills near downtown were old, small, and dilapidated, however on occasion a hidden jewel would pop up in the form of an old multistory with a wraparound porch that had seen some pretty heavy renovation and expansion. Modern homes were located farther out though I didn't spend the time to explore them. Overall I didn't see anything that immediately grabbed me while driving around (aside from a hot '51 Styleline on someone's driveway), but I'm still pretty intrigued by the area, strategically located at the midpoint between Denver and Santa Fe in some incredibly beautiful scenery. Loads of hunting, fishing, and hiking.

You and Zapril can chip in on a place in CO together I guess.

Yeah they were pissed about skyrocketing home prices so they got rid of the mountains. It's a lot windier now.