Ontopic RIP Thread

Yeah, to an extent.

I wish I could say that you get used to it, but you don't. The most you can say is that you wear away the sharp edges.

It still hurts, but it doesn't cut anymore. It goes from all angles to a smooth weight. When it enters your mind again you have to carry the weight until you can set it down again but it doesn't leave you bleeding anymore.

I still miss my first real mentor. I still find things that I wish I could show him, I can imagine the delight he would show at them, and when I do it cuts me again.

It's all sharp edges still.
Cuts like a MF

It's so fresh even tho it's been almost a whole year
I try and try to think about the good memories but I can't find them in my brain.
If i look at pics I lose it

I miss him so fkn much

I was a mess for a while. Still can be.
You'll never stop missing him. Just know sometimes the tears will be happy ones. I promise.
5%. I really need a minute.

It's so fresh even tho it's been almost a whole year
I try and try to think about the good memories but I can't find them in my brain.
If i look at pics I lose it

I miss him so fkn much
It's been years for me since I lost my dad, and I still lose it sometimes. It's normal, so normal for anniversaries,father's day, and birthdays to stab like a knife. And sometimes just out of the blue, SMACK in the face, like when my brother calls and sounds just like Dad.

Just breathe and stay sober

It's been well over 20 years since Dad died. His widow hid the ashes for a long long time. Finally Scattered the ashes this summer in Ventura, Ca With my sister. This made it better.

Depends on the parent. I had a horrible mother. I was over her death 20 years before it happened.
It's been years for me since I lost my dad, and I still lose it sometimes. It's normal, so normal for anniversaries,father's day, and birthdays to stab like a knife. And sometimes just out of the blue, SMACK in the face, like when my brother calls and sounds just like Dad.

:heart:big hug

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots

Sometimes I talk and I sound just like my mom and it makes me cry. I'm like wtf? I can't even talk out of my own mouth! Screw you universe. Also, my dad's birthday was two days ago and I forgot, and then when I remembered that I forgot I felt bad, but he's been dead for 13 years so I guess it's good that I forgot? I'm not sure. It's so weird. Anyway, I feel you.

not formally, but ive seen the progression in other family members from start to end, and i see the early stages now.

Theres not particularly any treatment either.
If they are diabetic, they need to keep their sugars in check. Huge risk factor.

They are not. No major illnesses their whole life, never been overweight, no high cholesterol, no high blood pressure, etc.

Picture of health, did everything right, just shitty genetics. In part, thats what makes it harder. Their body will live to 95, but their mind will go 25 years before that.

They are not. No major illnesses their whole life, never been overweight, no high cholesterol, no high blood pressure, etc.

Picture of health, did everything right, just shitty genetics. In part, thats what makes it harder. Their body will live to 95, but their mind will go 25 years before that.

Maybe they will get hit by a meteor or something tragic like that!

This is how my family, and thus me, goes. Our bodies tend to outlast our minds by somewhere around 8-15 years instead of the 25 though. Start losing it after 80. Live to low 90's.

I'm gonna get married around 75 so they have to take care of me but I won't mentally be there for all that miserable blaming and nagging.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and fly