Ontopic RIP Thread

My dads 1yr anniversary is in 14 days and I find myself relieving the days leading up to that day...
I relive the long horrible flight there.
I relive walking into the hospital room and seeing him there.
I relive the last night he was home and I crawled into bed with him and just cried and cried.
I relive rushing him to the hospital in the taxi
I relive watching him slip into a coma...

I just relive this whole ordeal over and over

So is this normal?

I'm super destroyed all over again

My dads 1yr anniversary is in 14 days and I find myself relieving the days leading up to that day...
I relive the last night he was home and I crawled into bed with him and just cried and cried.

So is this normal?

It's normal. Its still fresh in your mind.
My dad has been gone a long time and sometimes I still have the night he died in my head like it just happened. It never goes away. The good memories start to show up and though it takes a while, they become what you remember most. It just takes time.

So is this normal?

:heart:

You truly, deeply loved him. It's normal to have these feelings, boo.

So is this normal?

Yeah, to an extent.

I wish I could say that you get used to it, but you don't. The most you can say is that you wear away the sharp edges.

It still hurts, but it doesn't cut anymore. It goes from all angles to a smooth weight. When it enters your mind again you have to carry the weight until you can set it down again but it doesn't leave you bleeding anymore.

I still miss my first real mentor. I still find things that I wish I could show him, I can imagine the delight he would show at them, and when I do it cuts me again.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
It's normal. Its still fresh in your mind.
My dad has been gone a long time and sometimes I still have the night he died in my head like it just happened. It never goes away. The good memories start to show up and though it takes a while, they become what you remember most. It just takes time.

It's so fresh even tho it's been almost a whole year
I try and try to think about the good memories but I can't find them in my brain.
If i look at pics I lose it

I miss him so fkn much