Baby Right in the Feels Thread

In my job I have to talk to pregnant women about their prepregnancy weight, healthy gains during pregnancy, etc.

Since I'm doing it as a nurse, I'm just matter of fact about it. "Your prepregnancy bmi was 40. There are risks to you and the baby with morbid obesity. Here is a referral to a registered dietician. You can do this, and weigh less after the baby is born than you do now."

For family members and loved ones, no way. My husband got a pot belly a few years ago (craft beer), and when he said he needed new pants, I said "hmmmm why"? He said he had "grown out of them" lol. So we joined the gym together, and he's back to flat tummied. I never would have said that husband was getting fat, though. Or to my brother, who could lose a few.

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear
thanks dr phillip p sherman wallaby way

this person has NO issues telling me I'm eating something bad or drinking too early or popping too many pills.
this person has made it MY business by constantly crying about their weight issues to ME
so they need to be told
just don't wanna be a total asshole about it
Then just say it however they say it to you. If they have a problem with that, fuck 'em.

God you guys I swear

I get that you don't tell them they are fat

I'm asking: HOW DO YOU GENTLY TELL SOMONE THEY ARE GAINING WEIGHT
Invite them to play a sport with you. Play tennis, or hockey, or badminton (suggestions from the white guy)... or basketball, or ride a bike. Get them active and you'll achieve your goal without ever saying a word about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Invite them to play a sport with you. Play tennis, or hockey, or badminton (suggestions from the white guy)... or basketball, or ride a bike. Get them active and you'll achieve your goal without ever saying a word about it.

"and to make it even, I'll put on a 40lb backpack! You prolly weigh that much more than me right???"

• Gravy
Reactions: DJBrenton
Mine was a legit suggestion. Make it fun. Not challenging. just get them out and moving around and having fun doing it. They'll be more inclined to keep at it and become more competitive as their skills increase and they lose the weight.
interntz humor lost. . . :p

I get the whole 'moving' thing. (why I suggested walking, etc)

thanks dr phillip p sherman wallaby way

this person has NO issues telling me I'm eating something bad or drinking too early or popping too many pills.
this person has made it MY business by constantly crying about their weight issues to ME
so they need to be told
just don't wanna be a total asshole about it
just tell him

"I'm your momma, and I have the right to say this"