Baby Right in the Feels Thread

Petunia

COVID POSITIVE FOREVER
Nov 16, 2010
Currently Locked up: esposa
Marklar
₥33,751
Hey guises I have a question

How do you tell someone they've gained weight without hurting their feelings...

Or how do you tell someone hey don't order that burger, why don't you get that salad instead

I mean I guess it's easier to say HEY YOU KNOW WHAT, I THINK YOU'VE PUT ON A FEW LBS WHY DONT YOU HIT THE GYM?

but people (even me) are gay and sensitive etc

Personally I'd cry if someone told me I had gained weight and to go eat a salad but also having said that, I would be like "FUCK THIS SHIT IMMMAAAA LOOOOOOSE WEIGHT" but that's just me. Motivashunz and all

But yea.....

proper response

"You're right. I do need to lose some weight. About 132 lbs I estimate. I can lose that in five seconds. If I'm not being clear, Adios... Bitch"

yeah unless someone is becoming a health risk I can't imagine ever telling one of my friends "hey you're getting a little heavy"

I feel the only time that was ever appropriate is when being in shape was required for the job

Anyways, jokes aside, if they're a close friend, they'll be thankful in the long run that you're concerned. The bite of being told will wear off quickly. Especially if you express it as a concern more than an observation. And you can use the excuse that you'll get to hang out with them more if you both join a gym together.

Hey guises I have a question

How do you tell someone they've gained weight without hurting their feelings...

Or how do you tell someone hey don't order that burger, why don't you get that salad instead

I mean I guess it's easier to say HEY YOU KNOW WHAT, I THINK YOU'VE PUT ON A FEW LBS WHY DONT YOU HIT THE GYM?

but people (even me) are gay and sensitive etc

Personally I'd cry if someone told me I had gained weight and to go eat a salad but also having said that, I would be like "FUCK THIS SHIT IMMMAAAA LOOOOOOSE WEIGHT" but that's just me. Motivashunz and all

But yea.....
I don't think you can say this easily, tbh. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. Society is so fucked about weight and what and how much we are eating that people flip out if you mention they have gained weight.

If it's CEO, that's the last straw. Dump his fat ass.

I don't think you can say this easily, tbh. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. Society is so fucked about weight and what and how much we are eating that people flip out if you mention they have gained weight.

If it's CEO, that's the last straw. Dump his fat ass.
:lol:

You don't, because it's not your business. Unless someone's putting on so much weight that their health is in jeopardy, then chill.
Seriously was just gonna post exactly this.

Besides the health issues, There are many factors to consider before the thought to inform someone of their weight gain should even cross your mind.

Who are you to them?

Are they going thru a phase/tough time with something in life?

They are probably well aware that they may have put on a few pounds. Tough habits are hard to break at times.

Vanity isn't always of the highest importance in everyone's life.

I had some others, but I forgot in the minute it took me to type that shit. Hope it made sense cuz I've also lost the carefactor to even check it over *shrug*

You don't say something. I might say something to my husband but any friends or other family? I keep my mouth shut. They already know and feel like a whale (or whatever) - they don't need you commenting on it making them feel even more self conscious about it.

My grandmother said it to me when I was fat and rightly so, but all it did was make me upset. I didn't lose weight until I was ready to do it.

Ok what if you watch and witness said Fatty constantly making poor eating choices
Then
They cry about it saying waaaahhhh I'm fat weaaaah I've gained weight. I have zero sympathy for that shit.

Anyways this is person is not a "friend" it's a loved one. And they need to chill on the shit food and booze

@Applesauce

Besides the health issues, There are many factors to consider before the thought to inform someone of their weight gain should even cross your mind.

***No health issues just straight up laziness

Who are you to them?
**Very important person in their life

Are they going thru a phase/tough time with something in life?
**just every day normal stress, nothing too crazy

They are probably well aware that they may have put on a few pounds. Tough habits are hard to break at times.
***This person was in GREAT SHAPE in November and then after xmas it's gone to shit

Vanity isn't always of the highest importance in everyone's life.
***This person spends more time in front of the mirror than I do

Don't care if it is a loved one or not, I feel the same. The only one I will comment to about any health related stuff is my husband. Even then I stfu about the weight.

I'll say it again, it does no good other than to piss them off or hurt them. Even with the dumb comments I would bet they really know.

I have a loved ones who annoy me with their bullshit, but no way I would say anything to them about their weight.

Don't care if it is a loved one or not, I feel the same. The only one I will comment to about any health related stuff is my husband. Even then I stfu about the weight.

I'll say it again, it does no good other than to piss them off or hurt them. Even with the dumb comments I would bet they really know.

I have a loved ones who annoy me with their bullshit, but no way I would say anything to them about their weight.
So you would to your hubby.
And HOW would you say it is really my question

So you would to your hubby.
And HOW would you say it is really my question
Not weight though. I only comment if I can tell he's lost weight. He can tell you I am rude about his bp and other numbers though. His family has a history of cardiovascular issues that cause strokes that lead to dementia. So any time I get concerned I say "make an appointment with your doctor."

Again telling someone they are fat will only hurt them. If they whine the most I would possibly say is "have you talked to a doctor/nutritionist to find out what's going on?" I'd never to their face say anything more and I would never bring up weight first. Trust me I know it is annoying, but it really only causes pain to point out weight and you can possibly alienate someone by doing so.

I tell my closest friends when they're gaining weight, they know it but I always ask why they're packing on a few pounds. Might be other causes for it.

Anyone outside of that I just mind my own business and let them be.