Hawt Remember when...

i started interneting at the ripe ol' age of 8 on a 14.4 kbps modem, eventually got dad to buy 28.8 and 56k as time went on

didn't get high speed internet till i went off to college :(

I
The interwebs was 56k?

The first connection my school system had was a 56k frame relay line.

Had a bank of 14.4kbps modems setup so teachers could check their FirstClass e-mail. :fly:

Webcrawler FTW!

I remember when the "internet" was 9600 baud.

I started on a 300 baud modem. Internet groups I looked at were mostly RPG types and obviously all in text. Played Frogger on a tape drive and printed things out with some sort of typwriter derived printer. We were so cool back then.

I don't think we had 56k until college. Though we ended with our school high speed network that we helped wire (worked for the school resnet my last year or so) before I graduated.

What introduced me to the internet was this program, STEM-Net. My dad was a teacher and was given an account he let me use.

https://mauriceabarry.wordpress.com...n-nl-part-4-stemnet-province-wide-networking/

I may or may not have written a program that edited utmp/wtmp and deleted entries in order to show less hours logged in. And I may or may not have had access to the utmp/wtmp files. :)

Also interesting: "(3) it made it that much more accessible to the students—who, in many cases help run the system." - yep, I was pretty much my high school's IT guy.

WWIV BBS bulletin boards with a 9600 baud modem. Before the internet existed. That's when I got started.

Somewhere around the time of DJ Brenton's 75th birthday.

I used to Yahoo messenger with some dude that had been on big brother...i think he was bipolar..he sent dick pics a lot and graphic descriptions of what he wanted to do to me