recommend some music

Get an account with eMusic. It will force you to find new music every month in order to get your money's worth. It may seem like a hassle at first, but you will discover so many awesome indie artists it will blow your mind. I've gone from having to work to find my download limit 2 years ago to strumming my fingers on the desk waiting for my monthly allocation to renew because I have 40 albums saved in my "Downloads for Later" list. Bonus : everything is DRM free mp3's and they have DL clients for Win, OSX, and Linux.

Get an account with eMusic. It will force you to find new music every month in order to get your money's worth. It may seem like a hassle at first, but you will discover so many awesome indie artists it will blow your mind. I've gone from having to work to find my download limit 2 years ago to strumming my fingers on the desk waiting for my monthly allocation to renew because I have 40 albums saved in my "Downloads for Later" list. Bonus : everything is DRM free mp3's and they have DL clients for Win, OSX, and Linux.

that just rocks :heart:

I am getting into bands that have mutually conflicting styles simultaneously blended.

For instance, light poppy electronica with a screamo singer in Breathe Carolina

8-bit MIDI sound effects with Mathcore with Sky Eats Airplane

The French and heavy metal with Gojira

A short-shorts-wearing twink with disturbing death metal growls in Bring Me the Horizon

Delicious blonde siren with growling more for Slipknot than pop music in Arch Enemy, and on a similar vein In This Moment.

Visual kei + progressive rock with Versailles (thank you anime13 :heart: )

French Canadian band with 2 screamers + trained opera siren, violin player, double bass pedal, and more musicians than Slipknot on stage with Unexpect.

And just so this post isn't completely a waste, the lead singer of In This Moment wearing her stage garb.

http://www.thrashmag.com/images/metalchicks/inthismoment.jpg

My latest shuffle:
My Morning Jacket (I saw someone already recommended them, but worth a 2nd mention.)
Fleet Foxes
The Ting Tings
Death Cab For Cutie (The new album is great!)
The New Gn'R stuff. 4 songs got leaked
Speaking of old school...if ya like any of the 80s rock get the latest Motely Crue Album. It is a lot of fun.
Flogging Molly
The Last Goodnight

Good stuff, good stuff.

Thanks for all this folks, also thank you theac, ill check that out later tonight when I get a while!

I'll have to check them out.

Everyone should also check out http://beforethemusicdies.com

I could go off on a rant about the music industry. But I'll keep it ontopic.

Another Hint for polo. Another homeboy from Ballyshannon :fly: