Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

HipHugHer

Looks like Ted Nugent, Smells like Sasquatch
Apr 18, 2016
Marklar
89,643.86₥
Find em on youtube or whatnot?

It is promising, but there is something else there that is kinda...
Just at first glance the riffs sound a little "older-ish/old soul-ish kinda?" but the general tone of the recording/ big but a little more "grainy" for lack of a better word guitar sound etc. sounds a little newer than the writing does? Some mashup of eras/styles?

Idk. There's enough going on there I'll dig up more of it and have a listen.
Thanks.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Asa

definitely

toronto campus turned me into a poof
May 6, 2016
Marklar
9,662.75₥
the melodies and general arrangement sound very 2003 to me but i'm not entirely against it. that engineering is ass though.

sounds like a very QOTSA/strokes inspired joint. checked a couple of their other songs and they weren't bad.

definitely

toronto campus turned me into a poof
May 6, 2016
Marklar
9,662.75₥
speaking of guitar tone, I was listening to blood mountain on vinyl the other day and remembered how much I love the tone on that record.

nothing sounds like a mastodon record. those duelling leads with brann's snare rolls and pretty-much-0-release tone are damn near trademark.

Mr. Asa

Extra Medium Tedium
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
61,341.03₥
Steam
asastang
Just at first glance the riffs sound a little "older-ish/old soul-ish kinda?" but the general tone of the recording/ big but a little more "grainy" for lack of a better word guitar sound etc. sounds a little newer than the writing does? Some mashup of eras/styles?

Idk. There's enough going on there I'll dig up more of it and have a listen.
Thanks.
the melodies and general arrangement sound very 2003 to me but i'm not entirely against it. that engineering is ass though.

sounds like a very QOTSA/strokes inspired joint. checked a couple of their other songs and they weren't bad.
Gonna have to dig into them a bit more. I'm severely lacking in that portion of the music spectrum, especially if you remove bands from my high school days, or bands covering those bands.

Speaking of, I really like Rage with brass instruments.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum