Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

Find em on youtube or whatnot?

It is promising, but there is something else there that is kinda...

Just at first glance the riffs sound a little "older-ish/old soul-ish kinda?" but the general tone of the recording/ big but a little more "grainy" for lack of a better word guitar sound etc. sounds a little newer than the writing does? Some mashup of eras/styles?

Idk. There's enough going on there I'll dig up more of it and have a listen.
Thanks.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
the melodies and general arrangement sound very 2003 to me but i'm not entirely against it. that engineering is ass though.

sounds like a very QOTSA/strokes inspired joint. checked a couple of their other songs and they weren't bad.

speaking of guitar tone, I was listening to blood mountain on vinyl the other day and remembered how much I love the tone on that record.

nothing sounds like a mastodon record. those duelling leads with brann's snare rolls and pretty-much-0-release tone are damn near trademark.

Just at first glance the riffs sound a little "older-ish/old soul-ish kinda?" but the general tone of the recording/ big but a little more "grainy" for lack of a better word guitar sound etc. sounds a little newer than the writing does? Some mashup of eras/styles?

Idk. There's enough going on there I'll dig up more of it and have a listen.
Thanks.
the melodies and general arrangement sound very 2003 to me but i'm not entirely against it. that engineering is ass though.

sounds like a very QOTSA/strokes inspired joint. checked a couple of their other songs and they weren't bad.
Gonna have to dig into them a bit more. I'm severely lacking in that portion of the music spectrum, especially if you remove bands from my high school days, or bands covering those bands.

Speaking of, I really like Rage with brass instruments.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum