Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I'm running pihole on my Windows machine via Docker with it right now.
I setup an Adguard Home instance via a Home Assistant addon just now. Should done this ages ago, but never bothered.

Apparently its a bit better than pihole these days.

I setup an Adguard Home instance via a Home Assistant addon just now. Should done this ages ago, but never bothered.

Apparently its a bit better than pihole these days.
They all suck. Enjoy trying to do simple things like click through to a deal on Slickdeals, or any other annoying things that you will no longer be able to do without extra steps.

They all suck. Enjoy trying to do simple things like click through to a deal on Slickdeals, or any other annoying things that you will no longer be able to do without extra steps.
i remember that problem from way back in the day, i was hoping tey had fixed that

i remember that problem from way back in the day, i was hoping tey had fixed that
Nope. At least not with PiHole. Shit just doesn't resolve. It would be nice if it resolved to a local page that said, "Hey do you want to allow this?" Or allow per user whitelists. Unless Ad Guard is shockingly different, you won't be able to do that.

Nope. At least not with PiHole. Shit just doesn't resolve. It would be nice if it resolved to a local page that said, "Hey do you want to allow this?" Or allow per user whitelists. Unless Ad Guard is shockingly different, you won't be able to do that.
it does allow per client whitelists i saw in the settings.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Nice! Let me know if its actually handled in a usable fashion. It would be nice to have a lazy way to be able to block ads on our phones.
yeah, ill check with slickdeals later. That is precisely the site i remember having the most problems with any ad-blocker due to the way they handle referrer links

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I will say, half the fun was just sitting back watching Gentoo compile shit.

I traded a nixie clock for a badass quad core Opteron with VanFanel back in the day, and that thing would compile like a motherfucker.

Opteron 144 in the house. First dual-core processor out there and one of the earliest 64bit ones too

I will say, half the fun was just sitting back watching Gentoo compile shit.

I traded a nixie clock for a badass quad core Opteron with VanFanel back in the day, and that thing would compile like a motherfucker.
I was a package maintainer for debian for a long time for the 68k arch, and I've compiled a lot of shit.

Took like a week to compile X on my 68040@33MHz.