Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

So I'm going through the migration from Windows to Unraid. In the array, drives can be formatted XFS or BTFS. Apparently BTFS is newer (and better?), but I've seem some threads suggesting people have lost data with BTFS drives. Most of those threads seem older though.

Can you guys that know shit tell me more about this?

So I'm going through the migration from Windows to Unraid. In the array, drives can be formatted XFS or BTFS. Apparently BTFS is newer (and better?), but I've seem some threads suggesting people have lost data with BTFS drives. Most of those threads seem older though.

Can you guys that know shit tell me more about this?
Go with xfs for tried and true performance, especially on large files, and better portability. But be aware unraid formats xfs a little weird and while an xfs partition formatted by unraid will be usable anywhere, you cannot format a disk to xfs and cleanly import it to unraid.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Go with xfs for tried and true performance, especially on large files, and better portability. But be aware unraid formats xfs a little weird and while an xfs partition formatted by unraid will be usable anywhere, you cannot format a disk to xfs and cleanly import it to unraid.
For quorum, would you agree @Jehannum?

Started running out of disk space, pulled the 128gb Crucial M4 out of my desktop and threw in a 500gb "WD Black" SN750 NVMe drive I snagged from newegg on black friday.

Holy frig what a difference.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and Domon
Started running out of disk space, pulled the 128gb Crucial M4 out of my desktop and threw in a 500gb "WD Black" SN750 NVMe drive I snagged from newegg on black friday.

Holy frig what a difference.
Yeah, nvme is like the step from spinning disk to sad all over again

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Like i need another project, im considering putting up RGB addressable light strips for christmas lights on the exterior of the house this year. Put em in channel and just leave em year round.

You find any that are outdoor rated that don't cost a ton?
yeah, i finally did.

IP65 WS2812Bs seem the best bet. I would like the 60LED per meter ones... but the amp draw is ridiculous. For 50M total id be maxing out a 20A 120v circuit. So will probably go 30LED/m

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138