Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Yeah, fuck that. All mine are attached to monitor stands attached to the desk. It's easier to move the server. But I don't want to do either.

hdmi over cat6 is a thing if you're looking for a longer term solution

I remember when I worked on rack mounted servers at the embassy, we had a device that looked like a laptop, and took up 1RU. It would slide out and open like a laptop, but it was only a keyboard, trackpad, and screen. It was used to interface with each server, and switch between them like a KVM.

Was also had what i think was a iLo device? It enabled us to remote into a server and see it at any state (off, boot up, etc).

I remember when I worked on rack mounted servers at the embassy, we had a device that looked like a laptop, and took up 1RU. It would slide out and open like a laptop, but it was only a keyboard, trackpad, and screen. It was used to interface with each server, and switch between them like a KVM.

Was also had what i think was a iLo device? It enabled us to remote into a server and see it at any state (off, boot up, etc).
Yep, crash cart. ILO is HP tech, idrac is the Dell equivalent and they're all ipmi under the hood

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
The ol' macbook pro from 2010 made it two weeks under the girl's careful ministrations. A full glass of milk was spilled over it this morning. I pulled everything apart and cleaned it in denatured alcohol, but the screen is fucked. Boots though, so I guess I've got that going for it.

Give it time. I bet the screen comes back. Those things are tanks.