Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

In fairness, it appears to be on the board wrong. The instructions with it explain the actual pin out.

That said, the board quality is pretty damn amazing. And the BIOS is simply loaded with options I've never seen before and have no idea what they do. I'm pretty impressed so far.

In fairness, it appears to be on the board wrong. The instructions with it explain the actual pin out.

That said, the board quality is pretty damn amazing. And the BIOS is simply loaded with options I've never seen before and have no idea what they do. I'm pretty impressed so far.

You should try all of them until it won’t boot and have to reset it.

so begins the saga of Chinaboard (tm). I predict it dies in less than a year, and has all kinds of funky unexplainable problems inbetween.

If they cant even get the silkscreen right, you expect them to get 18 layers of high density circuit interconnect even close?

so begins the saga of Chinaboard (tm). I predict it dies in less than a year, and has all kinds of funky unexplainable problems inbetween.

If they cant even get the silkscreen right, you expect them to get 18 layers of high density circuit interconnect even close?
I'm sure it's going to be fine. If anything, my issue will be that I didn't reinstall the OS.

anyone else have the non HD cable or lower res movies run through the upscaling Home Theater receiver?

I've had a nice 55" flat screen for 2.5 yrs getting it's signal directly from the cable box & this weekend just hooked up the receiver & speakers I got over the last couple mos. running the non-hd cable through the upscaler & love the results. love.

I don't watch that much TV, so didn't pay the extra $25/mo to get everything in uber HD. 2.5yrs ago I loved the upgrade to the better TV. Now, I can't believe how much better it got running the same info through this TSR-7810 I got a couple mos ago for $297 on uber discount.

anyone else have the non HD cable or lower res movies run through the upscaling Home Theater receiver?

I've had a nice 55" flat screen for 2.5 yrs getting it's signal directly from the cable box & this weekend just hooked up the receiver & speakers I got over the last couple mos. running the non-hd cable through the upscaler & love the results. love.

I don't watch that much TV, so didn't pay the extra $25/mo to get everything in uber HD. 2.5yrs ago I loved the upgrade to the better TV. Now, I can't believe how much better it got running the same info through this TSR-7810 I got a couple mos ago for $297 on uber discount.
But it's the same resolution picture, so it really can't look that much better...