Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

YOU WILL BURN IT DOWN
So far it seems to be going really well

KhtOpe4.png

So this morning we got some crazy freezing rain and it’s shut down the commute. It got me thinking about autonomous vechicles and questioning how they would deal with obstructions like black ice or just ice in general that you can’t really see. Anytime I’ve seen one IRL it’s always in a nicer weather city like the Valley or Vegas.

So this morning we got some crazy freezing rain and it’s shut down the commute. It got me thinking about autonomous vechicles and questioning how they would deal with obstructions like black ice or just ice in general that you can’t really see. Anytime I’ve seen one IRL it’s always in a nicer weather city like the Valley or Vegas.

It’ll go full JOHHNY CAB

In theory, it would be able to process a lot more data a lot more quickly than the moment you touched the brakes or tried to use the steering wheel and realized shit was gonna go sideways.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Not to mention all the cars would be talking to each other too. If there's a problem 1/4 mile up the road your vehicle can prep for it.

It’s not about that it’s about being in motion hitting ice and going into a slide hitting something. Reacting to everything in microseconds. I’m not down playing it’s abiltiy to process data points but I don’t see how you could program against it especially when the actions and reactions that are changing extremely quickly. It’s easy to say if A happens do B. But not as easy if A and B happen and in process of doing C process A stops and becomes D then A starts again.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel