Food Quick cooking thread - post ingredients, get ideas.

Educate yourself. You came in saying sous vide tastes like microwaved food, which is hilarious. You may as well say every burger is the same as McDonalds. :rolleyes:
You said not to look things up, and obviously you have better information than anyplace else or else you wouldn't be throwing a fit about google constantly. I don't eat ground beef.

Or maybe just realise you have no clue about fine dining and shouldn't try and wade in on the discussion. DJB is actually good friends with a quite renowned michelin star chef so I think he can probably let you know better than most that you view on sous vide (which was the original question) is hilarious and like I said previously you either have a shitty pallate OR you eat shit food. Either way you lose.
I'm not arguing with your father, you are the one throwing a tantrum and insulting people. Also I don't think being related to someone who knows someone (who went to school with a guy, who's sister law is a cousin of) counts as experience.

Last edited:
I don't eat ground beef so they might.

I'm not arguing with your father, you are the one throwing a tantrum and insulting people. Also I don't think being related to someone who knows someone (who went to school with a guy, who's sister law is a cousin of) counts as experience.

You have never eaten at a classy establishment, nor do you have experience with fine dining or a real sous vide. I think therefore it's fair to say you have no place to comment in the discussion about sous vide.

Aaaanyway, fly should try it out.

Also I don't think being related to someone who knows someone (who went to school with a guy, who's sister law is a cousin of) counts as experience.

That is EXACTLY what you are doing because you don't admittedly eat out at fine food restaurants and are basing your argument off google search.

You have never eaten at a classy establishment, nor do you have experience with fine dining or a real sous vide. I think therefore it's fair to say you have no place to comment in the discussion about sous vide.

Aaaanyway, fly should try it out.
You obviously know what I have and havent done because you know a) I tell everyone what I do constantly b) you know me well at all.

And every one else had provided outright denial simply because they don't want to believe it instead of providing evidence otherwise outside of anecdotal claims.

Its like you've gone catholic church on us. :lol:

Don't know how the shit is cooked, but I know where most of it comes from. And sysco isn't an evil corp full of bad food... And its not all frozen.
Couldn't agree more. Lot of it is just shipping, they have a larger customer base than any single company could amass, just makes sense if you want to turn a profit on whatever it is you make.

stuff a rag in what? I hit the nail right on the head and I'm not going to humor you and regurgitate your inane bullshit merely because you requested it to sideline the truth. in conclusion, go fuck yourself

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Wait just a damned minute here, you don't eat ground beef (no burgers), you don't eat pork (no bacon), and you don't eat donuts?!? So that means this is right out?
attachment.php

Next you are going to say you don't like cheese. Then we'll all have to call you a doofus. What do you eat?

stuff a rag in what? I hit the nail right on the head and I'm not going to humor you and regurgitate your inane bullshit merely because you requested it to sideline the truth. in conclusion, go fuck yourself
You actually just reposted something that everyone else has already said and even backed off after I explained.

So... Really it's just like every single post you make that isn't about how you live in Atlanta or work for Time Warner. That is to say: reposting shit ages after everyone else has already been over it.

Wait just a damned minute here, you don't eat ground beef (no burgers), you don't eat pork (no bacon), and you don't eat donuts?!? So that means this is right out?
http://uselessforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3764&d=1330360283
Next you are going to say you don't like cheese. Then we'll all have to call you a doofus. What do you eat?
I don't eat American cheese (like kraft singles), or velveeta (though I'm not sure that is cheese).

I like cheddar, havarti, stilton, some kind of norwegian stuff that is soft that I can't remember the name of. Pretty open to trying new cheeses.