Ontopic #PrayForPissWhores

the majority of our oil now comes from onshore, or canada.

We still buy some, but its a very small amount compared to what it used to be.

true but we still buy at global market prices which means OPEC still has a serious influence on our energy policy

which sucks but at least that makes more sense than idiots who say we need to support Israel for biblical raisins

I read that the audience at the concert all laid down on the floor, and three guys walked around shooting people lying on the floor.

Can anyone picture this happening in the US? I mean the lying there and not trying to rush these guys. Three men with big guns (that they had to keep reloading) vs 1000 unarmed concert goers...

Not victim blaming, but damn.
it's really difficult to say how people, even yourself, would react in this situation if you've never been in it. it is really easy when you are calm and safe to offer conjecture as to how you'd react or do things differently, but in that situation you're not thinking clearly, you're terrified, you're running on pure adrenaline, and herd mentality and the safety of the group largely plays into it, too. nobody wants to be the "hero" who gets a whole lot of other people killed, they want to believe that if they comply they might be safe, and more importantly if they don't move, they disappear, they won't be singled out, they'll be forgotten. people do weird things when their life is threatened, especially in such a terrifying way, especially if they've never had training for it.

not that you were specifically referring to you, but just generally it's hard to say and any particular crowd in one town or location may react differently from another crowd.

I go to shows all the time, and I definitely don't prepare myself before I go with how I'd react in a terrorist situation (I do have other weird anxieties that I do obsess over in various situations, but I doubt I'm the norm) and honestly while I'd like to believe if I thought I had a shot at stopping someone I'd take it, it was a full theater of unarmed civilians vs a handful of armed terrorists with no opportunity to speak to plan any sort of coordinated effort; if you rushed and took down one, there were several others to kill you and then take it out on the rest. with the stakes so high and the likelihood of effecting aactual positive change in the situation, it doesn't surprise me and I could easily see that happening here, depending on where.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
this is supposedly one of the shields used by police during the attack

you're probably right

I dunno. people are fucked up

vCYFDtF.jpg