Post your pet pics

Quick more cuteness to bring smiles back on everyone's faces.

Repeat pic, but all I have right now.
644459c5e3cab168.jpg

"humanely euthanized"... you ever euthanize an animal before via the shot? 9 times out of 10, a .22 to the head is quicker and more humane. And 8 times out of 10, it's becuase the owner waited 2 months to long to put down the animal.

The shot ends life before you can even pull the needle back out. It's also easier for the owner. The thought of someone shooting my animal and then having to see the aftermath as I bury it. I couldn't handle that.

The shot ends life before you can even pull the needle back out. It's also easier for the owner. The thought of someone shooting my animal and then having to see the aftermath as I bury it. I couldn't handle that.

I've seen hundreds of animals stay alive a good 2 minutes or more afterwords slowly going down. The shot has to make it's way to the heart, and often times owners wait way to long to put the dog down so it's circulation is so horrible it's tough to find a vein to begin with, and then you gotta watch as it slowly takes them. Some try to fight it and start spazing out flopping everywhere before finally going.

We had to inject a dog via it's toungue before becuase we couldn't hit anything else. Only other option is straight into the heart (which has also been done).

I once met a vet that put a sack over the animals head and hit it with a hammer. Sounds horrible... and at the time I thought it was horrendous, but in retrospect, instant painless death.

Can't say so much for that magical blue shot...

Well I know both horses I've had to have put down died before they could get the needle out of their neck, before they hit the ground.

Nothing is perfect, but you have a better chance having a painless death with that shot. It doesn't hurt, they just go to sleep and their heart stops. If you miss with a hammer and hit the wrong spot you have to do it again. Same with a bullet.

I can't speak for owners who wait to long. It's a hard thing to put something to sleep you've had for 15 yrs. It's likepulling the plug on a child/family member. Right thing to do most times but still hard.

Last edited:
P4020446.jpg

P4020445.jpg

I went and adopted a new cat for my nannie tonight, and while I was at the girls house her dog went to sleep on the couch in such a weird/funy position .. I couldn't resist getting a couple pics. I subsequently woke him up though :fly:.

P4020448.jpg

P4020449.jpg

It's actually a Treeing Walker coonhound. He was a big ole snuggle bunny to. He was a rescue case. Someone poured chemicals down his back, then tied him to a tree and left him there and he nearly starved to death. She said he was a literal mess when they got him.

He seems no worse for the wear though ... he's uber friendly. All of her animals tried to go home with me though :lol:. One of her cats was pacing like mad in the window meowing, that dog tried to get IN my car as I left, and her other dog was barking at the screen door.

I guess I shouldn't have loved on them :fly: .. animals tend to like me (and my fake fingernails haha).

Last edited:
This is my new kittah. I used to have a tuxedo cat with Flop and when we broke up she cried and cried so I finally I gave her to him. And as many know life is not right without a pussy in it.

I went on Craig's list and found her. Her dad is being transfered to China and they can't bring her along.

Her name is Jezebel (it was something in Chinese that I can't pronounce).
57246125636072dc.jpg

She stole my dog's bed. :heart:
572461256360921a.jpg

awww cutie ^^

So how many animals do you have?

well right now I only have 2 (my Smiley and Apollo).

But until the last 2 years I had 3 dogs (Smiley, and her parents .. I lost both of them, one in 2006 and one in 2007 to cancer) and I did have 4 other cats (one passed away last week (she was 18yrs old), one was murdered last year by my neighbors dog :mad: , and 2 were accidentally killed together by my mom (she used a bug bumb in the barn to get rid of fleas last summer and forgot to take up their food bowls, then fed them the next day .. took me 2 weeks to figure out exactly what had caused them to die, because they just were curled up asleep looking when we found them :( poor mom).

The cat I have (Apollo) was supposed to be my nannie's cat initially, but she had hip replacement surgery and hasn't been able to care for him .. and I have grown attached to him (and him to me). So I went and got her another cat last night.

Oddly enough .. I got the cat (Dodger) off Craigslist as well. Thanks to Mikey :heart: .. he suggested it.

I'll prolly end up with another kitten soon .. someone I know .. seems to want one :).

Here's the one we are gonna try to get
AL106.8145763-1-x.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:
Willah:
421461264fe0c5b0.jpg

Cola: (He is 13 and is looking a little more 'weathered' as of recent) but this was taken about a year ago.
421461264fe0e4ee.jpg

Our beloved "B" (RIP 8/06)
421461264fe1042a.jpg

421461264fe12369.jpg

Still makes me misty...

Hopefully soon we will be able to post pics of the llama, camel and kangaroo I am trying to convince Shawn to let me adopt.