Pop reference

I think you might want to quickly qualify what you mean by "creationist". If you just mean you think God started it all, fine whatever. If you mean ID and the world is only 4000 years old ... uh ... wow.

One point that seems to escape both sides of evolutionists and creationists are the theory and the story aren't necessarily in conflict. No where does evolution even provide a slight notion of how life started, only how it develops after it started.

Now teaching creationism (ID or whatever) as science is fucking brain dead.

Oddly enough, the first verse in the Bible says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth." Then the creative days started. Most people overlook that small bit of information which allows for a big bang, evolution and creationism to be compatible.

Considering my father graduated from UT with a degree in geology. He would kick my ass if I believed that the earth is only thousands of years old. :fly:

However I also don't believe in macro evolution.
You understand macro-evolution has been proven over and over again in repeatable lab experiments, right? You carry with you the proof in your own chromosomes, specifically chromosome #2.

You understand macro-evolution has been proven over and over again in repeatable lab experiments, right? You carry with you the proof in your own chromosomes, specifically chromosome #2.

I think he might have an extra chromosome, specifically #21.

Also, before you argue, look up the MSU experiment with E. Coli growing in citrate. It showed macroevolution was observable.

you see proof everywhere. it's not just in us. it's in everything. if God wanted us to rock out and he set the playing field specifically for just us, explain how things like divergent evolution, showing that whales, humans, and bats have homologous structures and convergent evolution, seen as very prevalent in island chains like the Galapagos where species like finches and stuff have developed alongside each other have developed traits to specifically suit their environments.

also, look at the arms race between viruses and their host cells. we're evolving our immune systems to combat infection, and they are evolving to survive those changes.

Its more than just that. People seem to revel in their own ignorance and mock those that try to better themselves.

i would agree. my son, who is a good kid, and his buddies seem to almost take pleasure in NOT knowing stuff.

we play games at t'giving and family get togethers and it just seems to annoy them that people actually know the answers to the questions in games like trivial pursuit.

"dude, it's so dumb to not be dumb."

:mad:

what about the fact that many colleges are downsizing their libraries tremendously because "the information is all on the internet"?

and by many, I mean two that I know of. but I would think it'd be a trend, especially in smaller colleges.

i would agree. my son, who is a good kid, and his buddies seem to almost take pleasure in NOT knowing stuff.

we play games at t'giving and family get togethers and it just seems to annoy them that people actually know the answers to the questions in games like trivial pursuit.

"dude, it's so dumb to not be dumb."

:mad:

I think that the gansta influence has had this effect with a lot of kids.

dumb= :cool: ( :rolleyes: )

smart = the man aka whitey

you see proof everywhere. it's not just in us. it's in everything. if God wanted us to rock out and he set the playing field specifically for just us, explain how things like divergent evolution, showing that whales, humans, and bats have homologous structures and convergent evolution, seen as very prevalent in island chains like the Galapagos where species like finches and stuff have developed alongside each other have developed traits to specifically suit their environments.

also, look at the arms race between viruses and their host cells. we're evolving our immune systems to combat infection, and they are evolving to survive those changes.

theacoustician said:

Also, before you argue, look up the MSU experiment with E. Coli growing in citrate. It showed macroevolution was observable.

I will look into both of your's information. I don't promise anything other than an open mind.

speaking of finches and the Galapagos, i read Origin of the Species and Descent of Man in 9th grade for fun. :lol:

It is baffling for a human (cough, Palin*) to not believe in evolution. Just looking around you can see it happening.

*Should I cite this? It was only something I heard. :fly:

It is baffling for a human (cough, Palin*) to not believe in evolution. Just looking around you can see it happening.

*Should I cite this? It was only something I heard. :fly:
Go watch her interview with ABC news. It was like watching someone fail miserably at a job interview and tried to bs to cover it. Actually, that's exactly what it was.

"What do you think of the Bush Doctrine?"
"..."
"You know ... Bush Doctrine?"
"*ramble*"
"You lost me in a blizzard of words"

I LOLed for real when he said that.