Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey look at that. They finally passed something.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
ei5svh8apmy71.jpg

Its like theyre actively trying for a mistrial in this Rittenhouse thing.

The judge appears to be a Moron(tm)

Judge Schroeder prevented Binger from pinching and zooming after Rittenhouse's defense attorney Mark Richards claimed that when a user zooms in on a video, "Apple's iPad programming creat[es] what it thinks is there, not what necessarily is there." Richards provided no evidence for this claim and admitted that he doesn't understand how the pinch-to-zoom feature works, but the judge decided the burden was on the prosecution to prove that zooming in doesn't add new images into the video.

[The iPad] uses artificial intelligence or their logarithms to create what they believe is happening. So this isn't actually enhanced video; this is Apple's iPad programming creating what it thinks is there, not what necessarily is there. And I don't know what's going to happen, but we had this video enhanced, we had testimony regarding it, and this is one of the topics that came up. I asked my expert—I said, "Do you know of anything that does something like that?" Because that was when detective [Ben] Antaramian testified about pinching his telephone, and that's what I was told and that's where I think this is going, and I don't think it's appropriate—it's wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Its like theyre actively trying for a mistrial in this Rittenhouse thing.

The judge appears to be a Moron(tm)
to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

I don't think the kid was wrong to shoot at people who were coming at him with guns and rocks and shit.

However, for deliberately putting himself in that situation, I think he opened himself to an absolute mountain of financial liability that he's gonna get wrecked by in civil court.

I don't think the kid was wrong to shoot at people who were coming at him with guns and rocks and shit.

However, for deliberately putting himself in that situation, I think he opened himself to an absolute mountain of financial liability that he's gonna get wrecked by in civil court.
yeah, he's on trial for the wrong shit. The things he's super obviously guilty of are what he should be on trial for. Illegal firearm, transporting across state lines, etc. Then if he's convicted of those, and theres a death associated with them it goes to felony murder since a death occurred in context of him committing a felony.

This whole thing seems structured for him to get off.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
yeah, he's on trial for the wrong shit. The things he's super obviously guilty of are what he should be on trial for. Illegal firearm, transporting across state lines, etc. Then if he's convicted of those, and theres a death associated with them it goes to felony murder since a death occurred in context of him committing a felony.

Get off on killing people, yeah.

But will he be convicted of anything.

felony murder varies by state, there is a felony murder statute in WI but there are specific ostensibly violent felonies associated with it and none of the crimes he committed aside from the alleged murders looks like it would qualify under it, nor does it look like it would for federal statutes either.

the crimes that can lead to felony murder charges in WI are battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment, carjacking, first degree sexual assault, second degree sexual assault w/ threat of force or violence, arson w/ explosives, burglary w/ dangerous weapon or explosives, burglary of any inhabited dwelling, robbery w/dangerous weapon or an object that leads someone to believe there is a dangerous weapon.

felony murder varies by state, there is a felony murder statute in WI but there are specific ostensibly violent felonies associated with it and none of the crimes he committed aside from the alleged murders looks like it would qualify under it, nor does it look like it would for federal statutes either.

the crimes that can lead to felony murder charges in WI are battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment, carjacking, first degree sexual assault, second degree sexual assault w/ threat of force or violence, arson w/ explosives, burglary w/ dangerous weapon or explosives, burglary of any inhabited dwelling, robbery w/dangerous weapon or an object that leads someone to believe there is a dangerous weapon.
ahh, i was wondering if what i said was applicable under WI. Thanks.

If you put yourself in a situation where you have to defend yourself with lethal force, and you put yourself there through illegal means
Straight to jail

This is the best representation and article on gerrymandering ive seen

I dont know if the graphics work well on mobile, but theyre perfect on desktop to show how the districts are being gamed

Its a good day for Justice,

The dude that brought homemade napalm along with a truck full of weapons to the insurrection just plead out, guilty

Among the weapons found inside the interior and truck bed were: three guns, including an assault-style rifle; hundreds of rounds of ammunition; several machetes; camouflage smoke devices; a stun gun; a crossbow with bolts; and 11 Molotov cocktails in the form of canning jars with gasoline inside and a hole punched at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.