Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywhere honestly. Climate and language are a big factor for me. Barcelona would probably be my first choice. Great weather and beaches.

Estonia would be fine with me for a short period, but it is so far north that you end up having really short days. I'm ok with the cold. I just can't deal with short days.

You're a smart motherfucker. Language barrier will be gone in a few months from conversational Spanish acquisition.

Talked about my Prague move earlier in relation to this and majority people struggle picking up Slavic languages. They also have a rule you can't become a citizen until 10 years of living there and you have to take a Czechia Slavic written and verbal exam. I wasn't scared and nor should you be. Dunno if Estonia does the same.

You're a smart motherfucker. Language barrier will be gone in a few months from conversational Spanish acquisition.

Talked about my Prague move earlier in relation to this and majority people struggle picking up Slavic languages. They also have a rule you can't become a citizen until 10 years of living there and you have to take a Czechia Slavic written and verbal exam. I wasn't scared and nor should you be. Dunno if Estonia does the same.

With Estonia, If your spouse is a citizen (check), you are eligible for temp residency. After 5 years, you can apply for residency, and then after another 3 years, you can apply for citizenship. There's also language test. Estonian is an extremely hard language to learn.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain

Slav is so hard, no correlation to English or Spanish/Latin. Mom was an ethnic German but raised in Czech. I can limp along on German. Czech just sounds like beer cans getting crush over and over. Few proper vowels, which are used very little.

Strč prst skrz krk
= Stick a finger through the throat. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
Generally these policies are toothless. There's potential to make them less toothless, but most of the time contractors end up sending in a letter stating "we can't find this in the US/it is 3x more expensive in the US, here's our price, in the interest of providing the federal govt the best deal we need to buy outside the US, blah blah blah" and then they pay a surcharge that's no more than 20% of the total price to buy outside the US.

If its the first step in making these policies less toothless, it has potential to be a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.