Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a clip of Bill Weld on MSNBC and dammit, what has happened to Republicans that they can’t hear someone like Weld speak and realize he’s normal and the current party head is NOT?

He’s not serious about it, but he mentioned the only sentence for treason is the death penalty.

Even though I’m against the death penalty in every case, I find that hilarious.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I saw a clip of Bill Weld on MSNBC and dammit, what has happened to Republicans that they can’t hear someone like Weld speak and realize he’s normal and the current party head is NOT?

He’s not serious about it, but he mentioned the only sentence for treason is the death penalty.

Even though I’m against the death penalty in every case, I find that hilarious.

Weld is a libertarian, is pretty smart, has zero personality, and thus will not be elected to any higher office.

Weld is a libertarian, is pretty smart, has zero personality, and thus will not be elected to any higher office.

I know, but he was coherent. An awful lot of republicans also ID as libertarian-leaning, so wouldn’t Weld be a “smarter” choice?

Oh shit. I just answered my own question. They are dummies.

I know, but he was coherent. An awful lot of republicans also ID as libertarian-leaning, so wouldn’t Weld be a “smarter” choice?

Oh shit. I just answered my own question. They are dummies.

People don't want coherent, they want pizazz, showmanship, performance art, etc. Quick, dumb, smooth, slick, and easily digested.
That last thing we the people want is some boring lecture from some boring smart person about some boring topic like economics or foreign policy.

• Barf
Reactions: Immigrant
You know, I fucking hate the Russians. My hatred of them goes back to the days of the evil empire, before the wall fell. Then it slowed and diminished a little, maybe even so far as to say I was beginning to think they could be trusted.

But since about 2010 or so, my hatred returned and has since become so severe, I’d like the rest of the world to ignore them completely, that is until they attack another neighbor. Then they get wiped off the map. Which would likely result in the near “extinction level event” I’ve been advocating for awhile.

Sorry for your losses in advance.

People don't want coherent, they want pizazz, showmanship, performance art, etc. Quick, dumb, smooth, slick, and easily digested.
That last thing we the people want is some boring lecture from some boring smart person about some boring topic like economics or foreign policy.

Exactly.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The attempts Ive seen to demonize that swedish girl have been clumsy, stupid and generally hateful.
So most folks will probably believe every bit of it.

I just saw footage of her walking and she was within 20 feet of Drumph. I wish they could debate, she’d smash him.

Status
Not open for further replies.