Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand it sucks for them individually, I'm just saying that those few companies paying benefits to part timers is a financial aberration compared to the work force conditions of the vast majority of part timers. I'll also note that the mentioned companies were paying some of the highest wages for part timers too. Their free lunch ended. They structured around something that was a little too good - like structuring your finances around overtime.
so because most companies treat their employees poorly, all companies should?

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
So, because a few companies treat their part-time employees better than many companies full timers, all companies should do the same? I'm not convinced the economy can take the strain. We'd have to bring back all the Mexican's and keep them illegal - and even that wouldn't provide enough free gas for that fantasy ride.

So, because a few companies treat their part-time employees better than many companies full timers, all companies should do the same?
I mean, yes, but also in this case it's more like
"so, because a company agreed to something they should be held to it?"

I wouldn't call giving someone heath insurance who works 30 hours a week treating them poorly. Majority of companies out there require 40 hours a week for most benefits.

I mean, yes, but also in this case it's more like
"so, because a company agreed to something they should be held to it?"
Most people in the USA are at will employees, they can be let go for anything and the terms of employment can change at any time.
Bezos was using the good wage thing with bennies as a political/PR event. THe event is over, JEff is tired of burning through the bills.
Look, I'd love to see free, decent health care for everybody, a better wage would be great too. BUt there are bigger fish to fry then the 1900 Whole Foods employees. They were paid well while it lasted. Vote carefully in 2020. Peace.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
ANyone who is seriously bitching about Bezos’s Amazon, Whole Paycheck (or any company) taking away health insurance benefits from PART TIME employees has obviously never worked part time or had part time workers in their charge, because in this state, employers don’t have to offer healthcare anything to part time workers.

There really was a time when anything less than 40 (even 39] wasn’t full time. Depending on the state you were in.

So we can heal. Once the Dems are in, they’ll need to be nice and in order for democracy to heal, they’ll let by gones be by gones and move on, nothing to see here, until they lose again and get fucked up the ass daily by a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat, etc, rinse, repeat.

But then again, Drumph will win in 2020, and again in 2024, then Ivanka will be the first woman president for six terms, then Barron.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
[/QUOTE]
maybe im simplifying it but won't most people want that so their retirement/investment accounts increase in value?
you think most people have retirement or investment accounts?

ANyone who is seriously bitching about Bezos’s Amazon, Whole Paycheck (or any company) taking away health insurance benefits from PART TIME employees has obviously never worked part time or had part time workers in their charge, because in this state, employers don’t have to offer healthcare anything to part time workers.

There really was a time when anything less than 40 (even 39] wasn’t full time. Depending on the state you were in.
I want access to healthcare for everyone. I want it for people who work 30 hours, or 20 hours, or 0 hours, and I don't want people who have access to healthcare to lose it. Bezos could literally cover all healthcare expenses for every employee at every company he owns and still be filthy fucking rich.

you think most people have retirement or investment accounts?
I would hope everybody HERE has a retirement account, of some sort. If you're over the age of 30 you should have at least a simple IRA. It really does add up. Maybe keep it all in guaranteed return for next few years, things will dip again shortly. I'd say 18 months.

Last edited:
I've never even bought anything off Amazon. Almost did once but ended up finding it locally at a less-than-ass-rape price.

There isn't one single thing that place has you can't find somewhere else. Not one.
But by all means, continue the self-righteous bitching and bloviating while you continue to needlessly support the very thing you claim to think is unjust or whatever.
There are, quite literally, thousands of products that can only be found on Amazon.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Status
Not open for further replies.