Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Joe diGenova, The FISA court has been looking into abuses of the FISA system and has communicated with the Justice Department about its findings. Their chief judge has already determined that for more than four years before the election of Donald Trump, there was an illegal spying operation (yes, spying — and, yes, illegal) going on by four FBI contractors to break the law to steal personal electronic information about American citizens and to use it against the Republican Party.

The people heading up the Justice Department at that time — including Attorney General (AG) Sally Yates and Assistant AG John Carlin — apparently knew about it and lied to the FISA court. It seems that by the time they withheld the political origins of Christopher Steele’s Trump “dossier” to the court, it was already business as usual to deceive those judges, who no doubt have steam coming out of their ears.

There will be grand juries and indictments, according to diGenova, who knows how this works because he happens to have been one of the original lawyers on the FISA court. He said, “John Brennan isn’t going to need one lawyer — he’s going to need five.”

https://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?p=latest-news&id=8ED5B6C3-F916-4BC8-A27F-5C4D95E53559?=9

• The President has secured $6 billion in new funding over two years to fight opioid abuse, and the Administration has awarded $1.5 billion for State Opioid Response grants.
    • This money funds vital programs throughout the Federal Government, as well as directly supporting State and local initiatives to address the opioid crisis in our communities.
    • The DOJ has awarded more than $400 million to support treatment, prevention, and domestic law enforcement efforts.
  • In total, President Trump and his Administration are committed to addressing the opioid epidemic and solving this public health crisis in partnership with State, local, and tribal leaders.
  • The President has provided local teams of experts to assist States and providers with training and education on how best to address the crisis in their State.
  • Thanks to the Trump Administration’s partnership with the Truth Initiative and Ad Council, 58 percent of young American and 1.4 billion viewers have seen ads highlighting the dangers of opioids.
    • In the President’s first year in office, 107,000 fewer adolescents started misusing prescription painkillers and 68 percent fewer Americans over the age of 26 began using heroin than in the previous year.
  • New efforts within the Trump Administration are resulting in a decline of opioid prescribing nationwide.

Source please. None of that is anything “new”.

That's not much. And I'm sure the medical marijuana laws have had a more profound impact on reducing opioid usage.
Probably more so on those newly arrived at a painful point in their life. They might start using CBD for pain instead of getting ON opiods. But once you're on opiods I'm not hopeful anyone is backing off over some CBD.

Has Wicks posted this one yet? Its not too bad.

pj8dyfqnh1q21.jpg

The current opioid epidemic is caused by fentanyl and other synthetic opioids being shipped into the country from overseas, mostly China. It's crazy how dirt cheap the shit is and how much money is being made by people reselling it - any teenager can drop a couple hundred bucks, convert it to bitcoin, place an order on any number of dark web marketplaces and receive enough product to make $10K or more in sales. The quality control / dosage consistency on this shit is garbage too, which is what's killing people.

Browsing Silk Road on tor back when it was still on the go was eye opening. Like, I've got about two dozen random packages flowing in from china right now because I'm ordering a bunch of random shit to build a 3D printer - any of those packages could in theory contain enough fentanyl to overdose thousands of people and slip into the country without anyone even noticing. Only takes ~3mg to kill a person.

I fail to see how Trump's little "look at me imma gonna win the war on drugs" show has any meaningful effect on this.

The current opioid epidemic is caused by fentanyl and other synthetic opioids being shipped into the country from overseas, mostly China. It's crazy how dirt cheap the shit is and how much money is being made by people reselling it - any teenager can drop a couple hundred bucks, convert it to bitcoin, place an order on any number of dark web marketplaces and receive enough product to make $10K or more in sales. The quality control / dosage consistency on this shit is garbage too, which is what's killing people.

Browsing Silk Road on tor back when it was still on the go was eye opening. Like, I've got about two dozen random packages flowing in from china right now because I'm ordering a bunch of random shit to build a 3D printer - any of those packages could in theory contain enough fentanyl to overdose thousands of people and slip into the country without anyone even noticing. Only takes ~3mg to kill a person.

I fail to see how Trump's little "look at me imma gonna win the war on drugs" show has any meaningful effect on this.
and by teenager you mean fly.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
he current opioid epidemic is caused by fentanyl and other synthetic opioids being shipped into the country from overseas, mostly China.

While this is true, don’t discount the part doctors and “big pharma” has played. I’m supposedly going to be on something forever and the opioid “crackdown” has made my life a huge mess. The rules that everyone has to adhere to make it almost impossible to do anything, like go out of town (if I had the means and motivation).

It all became clear when I found out how much some people are “consuming”. It wasn’t too long ago I heard about a lady who had prescriptions from one doctor for over 400 10mg pills and another 400 from a second doctor, and she was selling 3/4 of them and gulping down the rest. My Rx is practically nothing compared to that shit.

She dead.

People like to feel different.

If they really wanted to fight a war on drugs, or win the “opioid crisis”, they’d try to figure out why people want to feel SO different in the first place and fix that.

People like to feel different.

If they really wanted to fight a war on drugs, or win the “opioid crisis”, they’d try to figure out why people want to feel SO different in the first place and fix that.

Humans been getting high for as long as there's been humans. Ain't no fixing it.
Lots of money to be made meddling in it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.