Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's already welching saying 'I never said that'.

At a rally in July, Trump said: "And we will say, 'I will give you a million dollars, paid for by Trump, to your favorite charity if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian ... we'll see what she does. I have a feeling she will say no but we will hold it for the debates."

President Donald Trump claims he "didn't say" that he would pay $1 million to Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren for taking DNA test to review her Native American heritage, after she released the results of one on Monday morning.

"Who cares?" Trump said when asked about the DNA test. When pressed on the once-promised $1 million payment, Trump responded: "I didn't say that. You better read it again."

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
He's already welching saying 'I never said that'.

At a rally in July, Trump said: "And we will say, 'I will give you a million dollars, paid for by Trump, to your favorite charity if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian ... we'll see what she does. I have a feeling she will say no but we will hold it for the debates."

President Donald Trump claims he "didn't say" that he would pay $1 million to Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren for taking DNA test to review her Native American heritage, after she released the results of one on Monday morning.

"Who cares?" Trump said when asked about the DNA test. When pressed on the once-promised $1 million payment, Trump responded: "I didn't say that. You better read it again."
IDT the "I'm just an entertainer, nothing I say means anything" defense works when you're president.

Geez.

Out of an entire article promoting this "feud" between her and trump and her possible 2020 presidential bid, you get 2 sentences way down the page that say anything of substance about DNA results.

And here they are...

Warren has said that her great-great grandmother is at least part Native American, which is consistent with the test results' findings. But the test results also leave open the possibility that Warren's Native American heritage goes back 10 generations, which would make her only 1/512 Native American.

And that concludes this episode of the Maury Povich show UF politics edition.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Geez.

Out of an entire article promoting this "feud" between her and trump and her possible 2020 presidential bid, you get 2 sentences way down the page that say anything of substance about DNA results.

And here they are...

And that concludes this episode of the Maury Povich show UF politics edition.

I guess that depends on the source of your article. All of the ones I saw indicate the response points, in far more detail than the above, early on in the discussion.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
How do you prove to the world that Donald Trump got your panties in a twist?

Like this.

This is how you keep egging him on. This is how you keep feeding the troll. This is how you show everyone that you're in this to oppose him as instead of being in it to fix the problems.

But what do I know?
Ignoring the leader of the country because he's a troll is not a tenable option.

How do you prove to the world that Donald Trump got your panties in a twist?

Like this.

This is how you keep egging him on. This is how you keep feeding the troll. This is how you show everyone that you're in this to oppose him as instead of being in it to fix the problems.

But what do I know?
Trump is a problem.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Ignoring the leader of the country because he's a troll is not a tenable option.
It's one thing to oppose him and speak out against the things he says. It's another thing to play his stupid games and say "AHA!!! I got you this time you dumb dirty dog."

If the Democrats would just ignore his trolling, he'd make himself look like an idiot without any effort on their part, and they'd come out looking squeaky clean. But because everyone gets so offended, and has to rebut anything he says, they look just as stupid as he does.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
I agree. But how does THIS fix the problem?

How did Republicans 8 years of 'Oppose oppose deny deny deny' vs Obama fix any problem?

The issue with Trump is he's making dangerous decisions. Decisions that aren't good for america, and it's clearly obvious, and many people seem to have moved past the fact of thinking there is anything that can be done with it because 45s base just repeats 'we won, you lost, winning MAGA".

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
It's one thing to oppose him and speak out against the things he says. It's another thing to play his stupid games and say "AHA!!! I got you this time you dumb dirty dog."

If the Democrats would just ignore his trolling, he'd make himself look like an idiot without any effort on their part, and they'd come out looking squeaky clean. But because everyone gets so offended, and has to rebut anything he says, they look just as stupid as he does.
Responding in turn without evidence just exacerbates the problem. However if you can quickly respond with something that actually proves the claims wrong, that's worth it to do. The problem with ignoring, is that by certain groups, no response is considered a win. So by not responding the falsehood becomes true

Trump on Russia interfering in the 2016 Elections 'Well, Putin told me he didn't, and he was pretty firm about it, so I believe him' shortly after Russia promises dire consequences if sanctions are imposed.

Trump on Saudi Arabia executing on journalist in their embassy in Turkey. 'Well, Jamal Khashoggi told me it was most likely Rogue Agents, and he was pretty firm about it, so I believe him' shortly after Saudi Arabia promises dire consequences if sanctions are imposed or weapons sales contracts are cancelled.

He has zero fucking spine. None. Except on Twitter.

Just like fucking troll.

Responding in turn without evidence just exacerbates the problem. However if you can quickly respond with something that actually proves the claims wrong, that's worth it to do. The problem with ignoring, is that by certain groups, no response is considered a win. So by not responding the falsehood becomes true
I guarantee EVERYONE except for her has forgotten about him saying that she wasn't at all Native American. And then to come out and prove him wrong because an ancestor 6-10 generations ago was Native American... This was something to ignore. This was something that you laugh off, call him a lunatic and move on your merry way. But now she's brought it up again and now she's going to be laughed at for being at best "1/64th native american." IMO, that's insulting to ACTUAL Native Americans who struggle being Native Americans in today's world.

Except by CNN. They'll say she's just prepping herself for the day she runs in 2020 and it comes up again.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I guarantee EVERYONE except for her has forgotten about him saying that she wasn't at all Native American. And then to come out and prove him wrong because an ancestor 6-10 generations ago was Native American... This was something to ignore. This was something that you laugh off, call him a lunatic and move on your merry way. But now she's brought it up again and now she's going to be laughed at for being at best "1/64th native american." IMO, that's insulting to ACTUAL Native Americans who struggle being Native Americans in today's world.

Except by CNN. They'll say she's just prepping herself for the day she runs in 2020 and it comes up again.
uh, the dude walks around calling her "POCAHONTAS". It's not that she's picking it up, it's never been let go.

Dude, he JUST Brought it up again in a capaign speech last week so no... He hasnt let it go. Sounds like you have Trump Apologist Syndrome.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Status
Not open for further replies.