Pluto no longer a planet?

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
Marklar
₥157
The ninth rock from the sun faces possible demotion to a "dwarf planet" today if the International Astronomical Union approves new planetary definitions. Some scientists say Pluto never deserved to be a planet. It's smaller than Earth's moon, has a funky orbit, and lurks so far out in the solar system even the Hubble Space Telescope has to squint to see it.

It's not final yet, but there's a chance that it won't be reaffirmed as a plant. It barely meets the criteria set by the IAU for a planet. The spacecraft they sent out there isn't getting there till 2015, so for now they just have to go off Hubble pics. Wow, that blows for the guy that first found it. Bet he's all emo right now.

Make no mistake, they will define Pluto as a planet. It will probably be the minimum to be a planet. I seriously...

edit: Wikipedia says this;
NEWS: Pluto Has been De-Classified as a planet. It is now classed as a rock. A vote by many Astronomers in prague, have changed its time. 24 August 2006 02:30 GMT

If thats right, then I'm shocked.

http://space.com/scienceastronomy/060824_planet_definition.html

IAU.jpg

Last week on the Colbert Report he had some guy on who was on like a month ago talking about this. The guy said that they were declassifing Pluto because it is nothing but a giant ball of ice. When they had him back on last week he was proven wrong and Pluto was to be continued as a Planet.

Did they change it again when I wasnt looking? Or did Colbert do a whole section on Pluto being a planet for no reason?

BeeRad said:
Last week on the Colbert Report he had some guy on who was on like a month ago talking about this. The guy said that they were declassifing Pluto because it is nothing but a giant ball of ice. When they had him back on last week he was proven wrong and Pluto was to be continued as a Planet.

Did they change it again when I wasnt looking? Or did Colbert do a whole section on Pluto being a planet for no reason?
pluto isnt ice.