Pimp my phone

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
So last week I got a Treo 700wx with windows mobile 5.0 on it. I've never owned a PDA before but I bought a domain name and my buddy is hosting me on his exchange server so my device is all synced up with email and such. It's pretty cool.

This thread is where I ask you guys/gals who use similar devices, what cool applications/games should I download for it? I've already installed Google Maps. Is there anything else out there that I should know about?

Is there some site for mobile devices that I should know about?

Fill me in.

I have a Treo 650. I hate you because you do not have a PalmOS. That is all.

:heart:

Edit: I don't know any applications for Windows Mobile. I have PPC Viewsonic, but because it crashes so badly and so often, I never use it. I haven't installed anything on it because of that reason.

Last edited:
I have a Treo 650. I hate you because you do not have a PalmOS. That is all.

:heart:

Edit: I don't know any applications for Windows Mobile. I have PPC Viewsonic, but because it crashes so badly and so often, I never use it. I haven't installed anything on it because of that reason.

A lot of people seem to like PalmOS...the reason I went with WinMobile is because of my need to hook up to an exchange server. Maybe it was a better decision than I originally thought.

So far I love this device. It's extremely smart and windows mobile isn't too hard to figure out.

A lot of people seem to like PalmOS...the reason I went with WinMobile is because of my need to hook up to an exchange server. Maybe it was a better decision than I originally thought.

So far I love this device. It's extremely smart and windows mobile isn't too hard to figure out.

Microsoft did well pairing down Windows 95/98/XP to make Windows CE to make Windows Mobile. You might want to get Real player as well as Adobe reader. I don't use Exchange, so I didn't need Mobile for that. I have a Word/Excel reader for my Treo, so I don't need to worry about that.

I wanted an OS that was based from day one for mobile use. Lightning quick responses and seemless flash memory use with smooth engineering designs was what I was looking for, however, and Windows Mobile leaves me lacking.

Does it have an SDIO slot? In which case you can get a wifi card or GPS card.

Last edited:
I love WM. Put WM6 on my phone and loved it. Hate the phone, love the software.

One issue you will see with WM5 is that when you close a program it does not close all the way. You will need to go into settings or whatever and close it from the memory button.

WM6 gives the option to close the program all the way down.

An easy fix for the WM5 application closing issue is the magic button, google it... its a free software. =0)

I love WM. Put WM6 on my phone and loved it. Hate the phone, love the software.

One issue you will see with WM5 is that when you close a program it does not close all the way. You will need to go into settings or whatever and close it from the memory button.

An easy fix for the WM5 application closing issue is the magic button, google it... its a free software. =0)

BWAHAHAHHAAHAH!!! they are really still having that problem??? That was always a problem when I had my old ppc about 5-6 years ago.

Games - Strip Connect 4 - what an amazing time waster

I use a site called MotoModders which obviously will not work with your phone but I am sure there is a TreoModders.net.org.biz.com.gov somewhere.

Does it have an SDIO slot? In which case you can get a wifi card or GPS card.

it does, but it has GPS built in. Not so hot on the Wifi idea, seems that when it is hooked up wifi the batter gets eaten up really quickly.

edit: I was going to edit the word batter into battery but then i noticed the humor inherent in that statement so I left it alone.

Last edited:

:eek: didn't know that but i do see that now. Thanks for the pro tip, you rock!

Add some spinners and some gold.

already ordered a grill for my phone. I'm gonna gold plate keys e through i and have the letters re-inscribed all fancy like. Should I put some ice in them too though, that is the real question.

:eek: didn't know that but i do see that now. Thanks for the pro tip, you rock!

I truly cannot believe they havent fixt that yet, to show how long ago it was...

Nevermind my old phone is so old there is no pictures anymore :fly:

It was basically a giant block that barely fit into normal pockets and was speaker phone only, for 600 bucks :fly:

IIRC it only had like 30 somthing mb's :(

I truly cannot believe they havent fixt that yet, to show how long ago it was...

It was basically a giant block that barely fit into normal pockets and was speaker phone only, for 600 bucks :fly:

what was it, an ipaq?

They fixed it in WM6.