Pet Peeves: Let's All Be Really Negative

fly said:
Well, it sounds like you almost have it ready. When will it be done?

I'm having the meeting to explain that they bought shit in a few minuites.

I have the system where it actually does a real authtication against the ldap and has no problems importing all of my users into their sql database. That part works great. But I now have 43000 people in there with no rights. They all can login in fine but can't do anything.

Macromedia says just assign everyone rights manually. But you can only do 75 people at a time through their interface. 43000 users changed 75 at a time would take forever and that 43000 changes week to week. So that it's not a viable opition. After a long long working my way through the support tiers they now say the other opition is build a XML API and put that in some java code or coldfusion to process the placing people in permisssion groups and run that weekly. No, they weren't sure how to actually do that.

All the data is stored in a MSSQL database so I'm grabbing a person I know that is good with SQL and I'm going to just make something that changes the data directly and not their fucked up solution. Macromedia said not to go this route becuase all the support peolple don't know sql. I don't know sql either but it makes the most sense. At least more sense then the XML that I don't know inside of some coldfusion controled app of which I also don't know.

In the middle of me testing some stuff I get a call from a professor in south florida that is already using the software in his classes and why does some stuff work the way it does. The department that was suppose to just glance at it and get a feel for it has told people that it's in production, which it is not to be yet, and manually given random people rights to do some stuff. I'm meeting with them later to rip them some new assholes.

Last edited:
SpangeMonkee said:
change your plans to next weekend and be here, nancy boy.

edit: Drool already has his plane tickets.
then do it 2 weekends. :fly:

Ape's friend will be here tomorrow. That was planned before we knew of your party. :(

ChikkenNoodul said:
Places that don't allow beer to be sold before noon on Sunday

Georgia has the stupid law that beer can't be sold at all on Sunday. But yet it still doesn't cut down on me being stuck in line behind a big drunk sweaty hairy backed person wearing a wife beater everytime I go to Walmart on a Sunday .

ChikkenNoodul said:
Places that don't allow beer to be sold before noon on Sunday

how about states that don't permit sunday alcohol sales except in restaurants :mad:

edit:doh...beaten like PA's kawk

b_sinning said:
Georgia has the stupid law that beer can't be sold at all on Sunday. But yet it still doesn't cut down on me being stuck in line behind a big drunk sweaty hairy backed person wearing a wife beater everytime I go to Walmart on a Sunday .
Yeah, I think CT has that too.

I think MA has finally done away with it, I know that within 15 miles of the NH border they definitely can sell it on a Sunday.

Once I was in a NH WalMart at 2:00AM, went up to the register with a big box of ammo and a case of beer. They wouldn't sell me the beer :(

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, I think CT has that too.

I think MA has finally done away with it, I know that within 15 miles of the NH border they definitely can sell it on a Sunday.

Once I was in a NH WalMart at 2:00AM, went up to the register with a big box of ammo and a case of beer. They wouldn't sell me the beer :(

I thought all alkeyhol sales in NH were from state run stores??

why_ask_why said:
I thought all alkeyhol sales in NH were from state run stores??
Liquor is, and those stores are open on Sunday's too (some of 'em)

They're cheap, but are usually only open from 9-7PM weekdays.

Beer and wine however, are sold virtually everywhere and almost any time of day(I DID manage to get some at a gas station at 2:30AM). At the supermarket a couple times instead of the little old lady with the microwave and the hot pocket bits there were guys handing out cups of beer samples.