FYI Perseids

Out where I keep the horse it's pretty dark at night. BUT - it's nothing like some of the places I've been.

Door County Wisconsin? No moon = you can't see your hand in front of your face. But on a clear night, you can see the shape of your hand blocking the stars if you hold it in front of the stars. It's so friggin' dark. The stars look like a massive explosion of silver glitter in the sky.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings and august
west virginia less than an hour here is pitch black. need to get out there again, it gets rural so fast.

Wouldnt mind living out there, assuming i didnt need a job. But i dont have a sister to marry, so i dont qualify.

Out where I keep the horse it's pretty dark at night. BUT - it's nothing like some of the places I've been.

Door County Wisconsin? No moon = you can't see your hand in front of your face. But on a clear night, you can see the shape of your hand blocking the stars if you hold it in front of the stars. It's so friggin' dark. The stars look like a massive explosion of silver glitter in the sky.

that was my favorite thing about both nevada and FOB salerno

what's that milky area in the sky? oh right

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel

Jason's parents live in Mazomanie, which is still way down here in Dane County, but even there you can get a killer view of the sky without a bunch of light pollution. we keep meaning to get out there during one of the showers but he's always on tour when they're doing their thing.

Jason's parents live in Mazomanie, which is still way down here in Dane County, but even there you can get a killer view of the sky without a bunch of light pollution. we keep meaning to get out there during one of the showers but he's always on tour when they're doing their thing.
is he touring right meow? if not y'all should come down to yerkes on lake geneva tonight

ex and I would go to the abbey/avani place in fontana a lot, once I learned the observatory was there I'd make sure to stop by every time she convinced me to make the drive

is this the one where you hold up the phone to the sky & it shows you the friggin' map of the stars the phone is pointing at?

that's a cool app.

I need to put that app on this phone. Had it on the old one, cool stuff.

the top turret with the black rectangle they called 'the crows nest.' You could see Yerkes from it. & the deck around it made it awesome for watching 4th of July fireworks on Fontana Beach. Even cooler was watching all the boats on teh water with their tiny lights. Totally cool seeing a sea of flickering boatlights covering the water.

I can't find the A/D article on the property.

TNDdxMv.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony