Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

Pics Parkour/freerunning/urban-exploration

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by taivas, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Recently, I've started doing parkour/free-running/urban-exploration with a group that meets near me. If you don't know what parkour/free-running is, it's basically learning how to vault/jump/climb to move around urban areas. It's very free-form, and a hell of a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure we got the cops called on us at least once - we climbed onto a roof and in through the window of the apartment complex where one of our guys lived. There was a rent-a-cop standing on the sidewalk across the street talking into her radio and watching us the whole time. :fly:

Anyways. Here's some random cool pictures I took today. The major events were following the course of San Luis Obispo creek underneath a lot of buildings, and climbing around abandoned architecture projects behind California Polytechnic. Most unfortunately, I didn't get the picture from where one of our guys ran up a wall, wedged himself between two awnings, and made bird noises at people who walked underneath. :fly:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I'm jealous. Looks like a lot of fun.

3. haha! suburban white ninjas!

4. That seems like quite a cool idea to explore the urban jungle.

5. looks like a bunch of people walking or sitting around. this must be the low impact version :p

6. That girl has a nice butt.

7. That looks like fun!

We just took Zac up a huge hill hiking. He beat me to the top tho :waw:

8. Lately I've been involved in a form of rural exploration called Wandour. It's amazing, and involves big rolling machines that you operate with pedals and shit.

9. [​IMG]

I didn't get pictures of us climbing onto the roof and stuff. :(

10. The girl has a nice ass (Had to be said)

11. Lol.

12. Doesn't make it any less true.

13. The only way I could do Parkour is if I did it around a local hospital to save down on the drive time after I bust my ass.

14. Coqui and I would like to reiterate: she has a nice butt.

More pics of that. Less of the rest please.

15. One of my friends did some of the free running in the last Bond movie.

16. I concur with the nice ass comments. I'd be motivated to do this if that was the scenery.

17. That was awesome. There was a lot of great free running in District 13 too.

18. OJ pioneered parkour in those old Hertz commercials.

Or were they Avis?

19. GO O.J. GO.