OMG where's theac when we need him!?!?!?!?

you should be able to receive the same number of channels. the change is from broadcast analog to broadcast digital, but they'll still be over the air.

Nope. Any TV antenna that can pull the signal will be fine. There's no special "HDTV" antenna. Same frequencies and such.

My big UHF in the attic works great for example.

Yep, theac reminded me of that fact. Although ANY antenna will work, they do make specific HD antennas that are designed to receive the signal better...

Yep, theac reminded me of that fact. Although ANY antenna will work, they do make specific HD antennas that are designed to receive the signal better...

Thats all just marketing horseshit. :fly:

HD over the air is primarily broadcast in the UHF band using the same frequencies as regular old SD tv, although there are some in larger markets broadcasting in the VHF band as well.

A manufacturer will say "HD Compatible" or some such horseshit usually when an antenna is UHF only which should be fine after the cutoff. The FCC wants to clear out VHF for other stuff.

when gas gets to be 10 bucks a gallon and a loaf of bread is 10 bucks the shit WILL hit the fan.

the economic outlook for america is NOT good.
--Warren "where's the" Buffet

Not if Beerad has his way the shit won't hit the fan... We'll have no means to overthrow our corrupt government.

I will remember this while I am shooting the brand spankin new M4 next week ;)

Semi Automatic rifles are going to go first. Then they'll work on handguns. If it was left up to Hilary, she'd probably not stop till even squirt guns were banned.

Semi Automatic rifles are going to go first. Then they'll work on handguns. If it was left up to Hilary, she'd probably not stop till even squirt guns were banned.

If she wins I am so moving back to Canada, not like that will help the gun part though since cops cant even take there guns home with them after work.