GAY OMG sad story

I dunno... why rush to get married? Do people really NEED to be married?

Who's rushing? It's been 6 years for chim and I. And yes. When chim was between jobs, he could have been under my insurance if we were legally spouses. So yes, it does matter.

Who's rushing? It's been 6 years for chim and I. And yes. When chim was between jobs, he could have been under my insurance if we were legally spouses. So yes, it does matter.

Come work for my company, you can legally be under each others insurance.

You know, you're right, this is a disgusting situation.

There is, however, one lesson that can be taken away from this.

And this applies to all couples that cohabitate without being married *coughflaprilcough*.

GET POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR YOUR PARTNER AND VICE VERSA.

Actually they did have their papers. Just reviewing the news now.

If they did, then someone f'ed up BIG time.

Regardless of the papers, check this out:

On or about June 28 and continuing through August 2008, Defendants ACV, DILLINGHAM, COUNTY, LIEDHOLM, STAGG-HOURIGAN, BREWSTER, and others and each of them, did not allow Plaintiff GREENE access to [Harold Scull], his partner of 25 years, who was terminally ill. On or about June 28 and continuing through August 2008, Defendants ACV, DILLINGHAM, COUNTY, LIEDHOLM, STAGG-HOURIGAN, BREWSTER, and others and each of them, falsely imprisoned Plaintiff GREENE, keeping him behind a locked gate at Defendant ACV's premises and restricting and limiting his movements and communications with his friends, family, and the general public.... Plaintiff was put in fear of physical harm, was and felt intimidated and attacked, and remains fearful that he will be chased down and locked up again. On or about August, 2008, Defendants MICHAEL BREWSTER and KAREN STAGG-HOURIGAN, as employees of the COUNTY acting in their official capacities... did disparage and demean Plaintiff GREENE in his presence and in the presence of others, making and/or ratifying derogatory references to Plaintiff GREENE's sexual orientation and age, stating "you know how those 'gay boys' are"... After [Harold Scull's] death, Defendants BREWSTER and STAGG-HOURIGAN further expressed displeasure at dealing with expressions of grief by a gay man who had lost his long-time partner.

Part of the formal complaint and suit about the issue.