Ohio sucks! There, I finally admitted it.

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
Franklin Co. To Extend Domestic Partner Benefits

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A policy change will now give partners of Franklin County employees -- both gay and unmarried -- access to health benefits, 10TV's Maureen Kocot reported on Tuesday.

County commissioners said the decision to extend health benefits to domestic partners will help attract and keep the best employees. They also said the decision came down to treating all employees fairly.

"Freedom is freedom and fairness is fairness," said commissioner Paula Brooks. "I believe we must be independent in our thinking and we must do what's right for everyone."

The county is following in the footsteps of Columbus City Schools, which already offers health benefits to the domestic partners of teachers.

Commissioners said cost associated with the decision would be manageable.

"We're confident the economic impact will be minimal to the point that we can certainly afford it," said commissioner John O' Grady.

The county estimated that domestic partner benefits will impact less than 1 percent of the budget. More than $500,000 has been set aside to fund the change, Kocot reported.

Commissioners said more than a dozen Columbus-based corporations, including Nationwide and Limited Brands, are already offering domestic partner health insurance benefits.

They also said employees who sign up for the benefit must strict criteria and sign an affidavit to prevent abuse of the system.

Commissioners said they received several phone calls Tuesday thanking the county for the change in benefits. As of Tuesday afternoon, they said no one has called to complain, Kocot reported.

That's it I'm moving.

Uh.....? What's the problem? :wtf:

No problem. This is a sarcastic thread about how a certain someone living in Ohio constantly complains about how Ohio is so against gays and that it's the worst place to live because of it.

It is also intended to inform said person that such a regulation exists in the place I've been trying to get said person to move to to understand that not all of Ohio sucks.

Who I'm talking about is this.

Think of the gayest person you know on here and name him.

Then say to yourself, "Who would fly be doing up the ass right now?"

That person is who I'm talking about.