Ontopic Official WhiningThread

Just remember, you'll want to be in the jacket A LOT for pictures that will be printed and last 70 years for everyone to look at.

cake cutting
receiving line
first dance
dance with mom
all the various family pics

You don't want to be remembered as the guy who looked like 'end of the night drunk at the bar.'
Eh, the formal pictures be in the jacket, sure, but the rest? Why? I see nothing wrong with just being in the vest, it looks good and well put together. He's not going to be in a vest 3 sizes too big with a beer in his hand. No drunk at the end of the night found. Unless perhaps he is drunk.

Doing the no pants dance at your own wedding is generally frowned upon.

I was at a reception where the groom said that he & his buddies wanted to serenade his wife. He danced with his wife in the middle of these guys all arm in arm in a circle around them. As soon as the lyrics started, they all dropped their pants. Pastel boxers underneath.

They danced the entire song. One of the funniest wedding moments I can recall. Two completely separate sounds coming from the reception. Fathers, Uncles, and the rest of the guys laughing, and the Moms, Aunts, and other ladies gasping.

I was at a reception where the groom said that he & his buddies wanted to serenade his wife. He danced with his wife in the middle of these guys all arm in arm in a circle around them. As soon as the lyrics started, they all dropped their pants. Pastel boxers underneath.

They danced the entire song. One of the funniest wedding moments I can recall. Two completely separate sounds coming from the reception. Fathers, Uncles, and the rest of the guys laughing, and the Moms, Aunts, and other ladies gasping.
But they were wearing boxers. That's awesome. Just the vest though... not so much.

it's much more comfortable than wearing a jacket all night. i lost the jacket shortly after dinner and never put it back on.

in fact, i almost always take off the jacket pretty much as soon as i can.
I sported the suspenders from my tux at my cousins wedding after all of the official shit was done. At that point though, everyone has had a drink and we're all getting down with our bad selves on the dance floor.