Official BF2142 thread...

They had gravitational effects AND perpetual levels. Meaning if you took off running you could go forever. No borders on the levels. Snipers paradise. With enough patience you could circle back around anyone anywhere. Sometimes I did nothing but run for 20-25 minutes straight. By the time I got where I wanted to go there'd be about 15 minutes left in the match and I'd STILL win because I'd get 20 points per kill. I'd be so far out no one could spot me even with binoculars. They'd need the high-powered scope on the same gun I used. :fly:

:fly: that sounds awesome, i love snipping

Joint Operations (the "son" of Black Hawk Down) is freaking awesome. The maps are larger than BHD so you can basically sit on a hilltop miles away from an enemy cap point and snipe (with realistic drop/elevation adjustment) with a .50 cal Barrett.

Last edited:
They had gravitational effects AND perpetual levels. Meaning if you took off running you could go forever. No borders on the levels. Snipers paradise. With enough patience you could circle back around anyone anywhere. Sometimes I did nothing but run for 20-25 minutes straight. By the time I got where I wanted to go there'd be about 15 minutes left in the match and I'd STILL win because I'd get 20 points per kill. I'd be so far out no one could spot me even with binoculars. They'd need the high-powered scope on the same gun I used. :fly:

Not shocked that you'd like that, cause it sounds totally gay.

yay got my explosives badge last night. that's what you get when you try to fuck with my titan

I hate recon bastards.

The other night I was on top of the enemy titan trying to get my titan excellence badge. This fucker kept podding up there, QUICKLY dropping detpacks, then killing my squad. It was funny, but damn annoying.

played a couple rounds of titan last night. i don't really like it cause i can't realy get much use with a rifle. when i eventually get the carbine unlock i will be able to use the kit. claymores ftw :drool:

I hate recon bastards.

The other night I was on top of the enemy titan trying to get my titan excellence badge. This fucker kept podding up there, QUICKLY dropping detpacks, then killing my squad. It was funny, but damn annoying.

oh yes, I love dropping a claymore right in the little hallway up on the upper level

but my favorite is putting two claymores on one lower corridor and all five packs of c4 along the other corridor, spaced a few feet apart so it covers a good portion of it, and waiting for an entire squad to start running up :D

played a couple rounds of titan last night. i don't really like it cause i can't realy get much use with a rifle. when i eventually get the carbine unlock i will be able to use the kit. claymores ftw :drool:

that's why I like to grab dead people's kits when I get the chance :fly:

I think there's an exploit on the Titan. If you're manning an AA gun and someone drops a demo pack on it, you will die if it detonates. It happened to me 4 times in a row the other night. Keep in mind that you man the turret from a computer screen a good distance from its actual location.

I think there's an exploit on the Titan. If you're manning an AA gun and someone drops a demo pack on it, you will die if it detonates. It happened to me 4 times in a row the other night. Keep in mind that you man the turret from a computer screen a good distance from its actual location.

that's supposed to happen, same if you're manning one of the lower guns and someone knocks it out. it's supposed to be a power feedback that blows up the console in yo face

that's supposed to happen, same if you're manning one of the lower guns and someone knocks it out. it's supposed to be a power feedback that blows up the console in yo face

I have never once died when manning a belly turret. I spend almost all of my time on them too. Only happens on the AA guns. :confused: