GAY Obama officially endorses same-sex marriage.

Why don't they or haven't they gone out and get the 86000 signatures and get the thing on a general vote? There is at least 1 per year for something. I myself think it's stupid that it's even something to vote on let alone them wasting time on. I do however find it very suspect that it's all of a sudden become an issue at the POTIS level. If he felt that way before why wait until now?

The grassroots effort in colorado is woefully inadequate and it just hasn't been a ground for organization, yet. After this loss, you will see more organizations springing up and more visibility to the issue and more push for a vote. It's far easier to get something to pass in the legislature in the marriage equality favor than for general public vote, which is why the efforts have been directed that way.

Representatives are supposed to REPRESENT their constituents. If all of your constituents are afraid of penii touching, then you should vote that way too.

not necessarily. they are supposed to represent their constituents and make decisions for them that is in the best interest of society. most of the constituency around the country didn't like miscegenation either but people were told to suck it the fuck up. no amount of people voting is supposed to outweigh basic equal rights

The grassroots effort in colorado is woefully inadequate and it just hasn't been a ground for organization, yet. After this loss, you will see more organizations springing up and more visibility to the issue and more push for a vote. It's far easier to get something to pass in the legislature in the marriage equality favor than for general public vote, which is why the efforts have been directed that way.

I really hope it does.

Why? What do you care if marriage is equal to all citizens of Colorado, or US?

<devil's advocate, I just wanna play>

Because it shouldn't be an issue. It's marriage for gods sake. If you're willing to step into the nightmare that marriage can sometimes be then by all means you're free to join us other married men at the bar when we get together for drinks and complain about our spouses. But I better not hear you bitching if you and Chim's marriage goes south and the judge gives him your scooter.

Because it shouldn't be an issue. It's marriage for gods sake. If you're willing to step into the nightmare that marriage can sometimes be then by all means you're free to join us other married men at the bar when we get together for drinks and complain about our spouses. But I better not hear you bitching if you and Chim's marriage goes south and the judge gives him your scooter.

OMG I would be so fucking pissed!

Since I am not drinking anymore, I can DD us to the bar.

The funny thing with all of this is Colorado and it's residents are some of the most open people out there. They accept every facet of life and really don't care as long as you're not hurting the environment.

The funny thing with all of this is Colorado and it's residents are some of the most open people out there. They accept every facet of life and really don't care as long as you're not hurting the environment.

That would explain the issue they have with gay people. We would mow down a whole rainforest to make a fabulous beryl wood dining room table.