of the United States of America
and to the Republic
for which it stands,
one nation,
under God,
indivisible,
with liberty
and justice for all.

Thanks PT but I'm sure I'll be told that they don't even swear allegiance anymore. Seeing as there are no religious overtones to anything.

From what I hear, kids do the pledge ever day in schools. It's optional though. I will try to have my kid not do it.

Ever hear of catholic school? :tard:
The vid in question was of public schools.
:lol: 1. BS and 2. I'm not an athiest.
You're not? So you believe in mythical things but bash on other people for believing in different mythical things?
Serious? No Catholic or religious schools that are free? That's crazy. And Sfly are you seriously trying to tell me that they don't teach anything from the bible in assemblys (parables come to mind) or mention God or sing any hymns in public school in the US?
Yes, that is exactly what I'm telling you. It's not allowed in any state. Any school that attempt to do so is immediately taken to court for it.

And yet I've been lead to believe that in some states they teach creationism in biology....
Yes, everything Europeans are told about Americans is completely true. :rolleyes:

Did you have your tea and crumpets today? Chip chip, honey nut cheerios?

I pledge allegiance
to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic
for which it stands,
one nation,
under God,
indivisible,
with liberty
and justice for all.
1. It's optional to say the god part.
2. It's optional to say the pledge at all.
3. Many teachers and schools specifically exclude that portion.
4. Kids these days are taught that the "under god" part was not in the original pledge and was only added in the 50s McCarthyist commie scare.
5. God save the queen.

and your other post, the indivisible part was included because the pledge was written in the aftermath of the civil war
Thanks PT but I'm sure I'll be told that they don't even swear allegiance anymore. Seeing as there are no religious overtones to anything.
Bingo.

People are VERY sensitive to that these days, so school officials do their best to make sure that no religious overtones end up in school - much to the ire of bible thumpers. I'd have to look it up, but I don't think they've even gotten ID into "science" books yet.

1. It's optional to say the god part.
2. It's optional to say the pledge at all.
3. Many teachers and schools specifically exclude that portion.
4. Kids these days are taught that the "under god" part was not in the original pledge and was only added in the 50s McCarthyist commie scare.
5. God save the queen.

1. So.
2. So.
3. So.
4. So.
5. So.

That's still religion in schools.

1. So.
2. So.
3. So.
4. So.
5. So.

That's still religion in schools.

:tard:

take your own advice. the argument wasn't "there isn't religion in schools", it's against her claim that they teach kids to worship. they don't. the presence of religious ideals in school is not the same as preaching or attempting to convert

and again, the under god part is on it's way out

Last edited:
Read, what, exactly?

Atleast Obama is real, they teach kids to worship mythical beings in schools you know.
:tard: no they don't. get off your anti-religious high horse. I'm an atheist and there's nothing more annoying that another atheist so goddamn militant about it that they make the same level of baseless claims as the bible thumpers

No religious overtones at all in anything?

So? Enemies post didn't mention public schools. Just schools in general. Some of which teach religion.