WTF O.H.I.O. is a Shithole.

I lived in shithole. I can confirm it is a shithole.
At least West Virginia has pretty scener

Yeah pretty scenery but not much else. I spent four days there on a ski trip, omg dealing with some of the locals from the time I entered the state until I left made it the longest 4 days of my life. I've never been so happy to see the "OH Welcomes You" sign when i passed over the bridge from Parkersburg, WV back into the state! lol

I lived in Ohio. I can confirm it is a shithole.
At least West Virginia has pretty scenery.

So does the SE part of Ohio - in fact it's quite similar to parts of WV. Where you lived was kind of crazy though. Driving around and seeing "JESUS" signs like that was a bit crazy. I admit I wouldn't want to live in that region at all. At least most of the people where I live are sane.

We do need to boot a stupid politician though...

attachment.php

Yeah pretty scenery but not much else. I spent four days there on a ski trip, omg dealing with some of the locals from the time I entered the state until I left made it the longest 4 days of my life. I've never been so happy to see the "OH Welcomes You" sign when i passed over the bridge from Parkersburg, WV back into the state! lol

I've met some of the nicest, most helpful people in all of my travels around the US in WV.

So does the SE part of Ohio - in fact it's quite similar to parts of WV. Where you lived was kind of crazy though. Driving around and seeing "JESUS" signs like that was a bit crazy. I admit I wouldn't want to live in that region at all. At least most of the people where I live are sane.

We do need to boot a stupid politician though...

I've been through SE Ohio. Not the same. And yeah, you have a few crazy politicians there. The big Jesus was closer to Dayton than Cincinnati. He always made me laugh. I don't mind religious people. I do mind racist people and I met a lot of those in Ohio. I also mind not having anything to do that doesn't cost money. I was never impressed by any part of Ohio I saw, except Cedar Point, which I didn't actually get to while we lived there.

Guess we'll have to disagree on SE area then. I have family who lives there and right by the boarder it isn't much different in many ways. Hocking Hills surpasses WV for me though. I don't need bigger mountains to make me happy.

Like I said where you lived it sucked for many things IMO. That is a very divided region and worlds apart from the capital truthfully. Not that you don't meet people there, but seriously I would shoot myself if I had to live where you did. One of the "Jesus" signs wasn't near Dayton though I have seen some there. It wasn't far from your house and when we were off of 71. It isn't the religion I have an issue with but the mentality of that region - full of hypocritical Christians. However Dayton and north gets even scarier IMO with poeple and how they view things. I have blood I am ashamed of in those parts :( Let's just say that my husband and my SIL aren't really welcomed there at all....

I do mind racist people and I met a lot of those in Ohio. I also mind not having anything to do that doesn't cost money.

I've met a lot of racist people in Ohio, Virginia, Arizona, Puerto Rico, Kansas, California, Florida, North Carolina, Mexico, Alabama, Maryland, and New York. I can't vouch for Washington and Hawaii as I was too small to remember.

Regarding free things, that's a huge difference I guess between where you lived and where I live. There's lots of free events around here.

I've been through SE shithole. Not the same. And yeah, you have a few crazy politicians there. The big Jesus was closer to Dayton than Cincinnati. He always made me laugh. I don't mind religious people. I do mind racist people and I met a lot of those in shithole. I also mind not having anything to do that doesn't cost money. I was never impressed by any part of shithole I saw, except Cedar Point, which I didn't actually get to while we lived there.

Where did you live in OH?

I dunno. I've seen families live in card board boxes off the side of the highway ... I don't think living in OH can be that bad

Believe it ir not O-h-i-o is a very diverse state. a few hours drive and you can go from an extremely liberal area to an extremely conservative area with a lot of middle of the road type places in between. I like where I live, I like the northwest part of the state where my family is from, I like the Columbus area where Coqui and his wife live, and I like Cincy city area but wouldn't want to live in the country areas down in the southern part of the state.

I've met some of the nicest, most helpful people in all of my travels around the US in WV.

Same, as we pass thru to meet with picking up/dropping off my daughter. My ex had a cabin in the backwoods of WV and he regularly spends time with "local". Straight up hillbillies. My oldest has been there a couple of times and some of the stories are pretty funny abt how they talk, live, etc. Totally different world.