no 9/11 thread?

I dont like Bush but I am also scared to see what is next. With all of the power he has gained the government over his reign who knows what the next man/woman will try to take.

the only way anyone can one-up bush at this point would be an overt global military takeover

Wouldn't it have been cool if Iraq really did have something to do with 9/11?

war.191.gif

war.093.gif

:lol:

I dont like Bush but I am also scared to see what is next. With all of the power he has gained the government over his reign who knows what the next man/woman will try to take.

It's more likely that power will be grabbed in wholly different areas of our lives.

This is how our one party system works. One feller comes in, takes control of a whole bunch of things his supporters want him to - pisses off supporters of the other guy. Other guys supporters gain members, next feller comes in, takes control of the second groups pet projects. Rinse, repeat.

It's more likely that power will be grabbed in wholly different areas of our lives.

This is how our one party system works. One feller comes in, takes control of a whole bunch of things his supporters want him to - pisses off supporters of the other guy. Other guys supporters gain members, next feller comes in, takes control of the second groups pet projects. Rinse, repeat.

Yeah, I was more talking things like the super great Patriot Act ;)

So I know this sounds bad and that's fine and you guys can flame me I don't care. But I am exhausted and tired of hearing about it. I hear a 9/11 reference like at least once a week.

the missus just emailed me that she made the mistake to watch some footage and can't help crying. she was there when it happened (marketing manager for hooters long island), but loaded her car the next day and moved back. it's real emotional for her. we can't watch any of the docs or flight 93 or whatevers, too much for her.

my brother in law is there now. his duty is to FOCKING FIND IED'S AND DETONATE. lost 4 people from his squad last week. very tearful and serious cookout/goin away thingie couple weeks ago where he told me, "if i don't come back, please watch out michelle and the (5) kids.. and know that if something happens to michelle as well you and janice are our beneficiaries."

heeeeeaaaavy... real heavy.

hate the war, love the troops, agreed. respect.
props to your bro-in-law. thank him for me :) I hope he comes home safe

To the left is where his sleeping quarters were when he was training the new IP's...

Him training the IP's that were literally taken from the street, they have 0 schooling and basic concepts baffled them...

Ive got a bunch more cause I keep yelling at him to take more pics :fly:

Dunno if you are interested in seeing them?
yes! massive props to him as well :)

my only regret is that I haven't contributed yet :o
edit: I mean in the sense of actually being there. I've sent care packages to some local jarheads. they LOVE getting stacks of gun and car magazines

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't care much either. I mourn or remember it in much the same way that I mourn or remember most other things. Sparingly, and when it's convenient. I didn't lose anyone that day, and I accept terrorism as a matter of fact instead of a shocking occurrence. When terrible things happen I'm pretty pragmatic about it. Probably because I've studied history and know that this sort of thing has been happening forever. Only the actual methods change with the ages. The motivations and mindsets are identical, and it doesn't really affect me much. This may sound perverted and demonic, but I actually find those sorts of events very exciting and interesting.