no 9/11 thread?

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
Let's all take a moment to remember one of the most defining moments of our generation - and in the history of the nation - as well as to remember the reasons why it happened. Let's also take the opportunity to thank those that serve our country and to remember that they are doing the jobs we ask them to do; the mistakes fall on the shoulders of the management. Hate the war, love the troops. :o

National_Park_Service_9-11_Statue_of_Liberty_and_WTC_fire.jpg

I considered making a bigger thread and I considered not even mentioning it but I felt I had to say something.

Ron Paul is an idiot, but he had a great statement in the debates last week. Something along the lines of: This tragic event should have galvanized the nation towards more personal responsibility [since that could have saved thousands of lives], instead the populous decided to hand over responsibility to the same reckless government that put them into the disaster due to poor performance and communication.

:clap:

someone I grew up with died in the first tower
one of my uncles worked there and happened to be late for work dropping his young daughter off at school and missed the whole thing...he was present for the trade center bombing in '92...1/2 my aunt's friends lost husbands that day

working here was insane for quite some time after that

waw can be traced to every important event in history. Did you know his great uncle was a zipperhead commander during the Tet Offensive?

I would like to take a moment to thank all of the troops that are over there and the ones here working just as hard for this country. I do not agree with the war but I do agree that those brave men and women deserve our backing and support. Also for the innocent men and women who lost there lives due to this conflict on both sides, my prayers go out to you and your family.

My family and I send care packages out once a month to my best friend and his fellow comrades yet it still does not feel like enough. He is currently stationed in the worst part of Iraq being a "prison guard" to one of the worst prisons in Iraq. He only has about a month left so I pray every night that he makes it home safely. He loves what he does and would not have it any other way. He wants to be put in the worst places so others would not have to. He has been my best friend, my brother and now as gay as it sounds a hero to me. Much love my brother!

A few pics...

the missus just emailed me that she made the mistake to watch some footage and can't help crying. she was there when it happened (marketing manager for hooters long island), but loaded her car the next day and moved back. it's real emotional for her. we can't watch any of the docs or flight 93 or whatevers, too much for her.

my brother in law is there now. his duty is to FOCKING FIND IED'S AND DETONATE. lost 4 people from his squad last week. very tearful and serious cookout/goin away thingie couple weeks ago where he told me, "if i don't come back, please watch out michelle and the (5) kids.. and know that if something happens to michelle as well you and janice are our beneficiaries."

heeeeeaaaavy... real heavy.

hate the war, love the troops, agreed. respect.

To the left is where his sleeping quarters were when he was training the new IP's...

Him training the IP's that were literally taken from the street, they have 0 schooling and basic concepts baffled them...

Ive got a bunch more cause I keep yelling at him to take more pics :fly:

Dunno if you are interested in seeing them?

the missus just emailed me that she made the mistake to watch some footage and can't help crying. she was there when it happened (marketing manager for hooters long island), but loaded her car the next day and moved back. it's real emotional for her. we can't watch any of the docs or flight 93 or whatevers, too much for her.

my brother in law is there now. his duty is to FOCKING FIND IED'S AND DETONATE. lost 4 people from his squad last week. very tearful and serious cookout/goin away thingie couple weeks ago where he told me, "if i don't come back, please watch out michelle and the (5) kids.. and know that if something happens to michelle as well you and janice are our beneficiaries."

heeeeeaaaavy... real heavy.

hate the war, love the troops, agreed. respect.

Yeah man, that is a very bad job, my bro was doing the same thing, got some pics of him in his bomb gear. I feel for you on the 9/11 attack, one of my very close friends was in the pentagon when it was hit, was very scary but he was alright. His sister, my old neighbor was suppose to be around the area that was demolished but she was visiting here at the time. My heart truly goes out to your brother in law and Janice, it is a very hard thing to deal with when it hits that close to home. I am not going to act like it hit as close to home as you but I do feel some of the pain/worry brother.

no worries shawn, it is what it is. i'm personally not into politics, they serve corporations and special interest groups mainly IMO..

but this particular shit hits close to home. and if the war continues you never know if they could/would institute a draft and i've got a 17 year old son. :-(

and if you think they couldn't do a draft, read the comic above, fux do what they want.