Hawt NFL Deserves Its Own Thread - THIS ONE

Tomlins knowledge of situational football is about half a white guys dick.

He just not smart enough of a coach to overcome any sort of adversity.
He got lucky and won a Super Bowl. Other than that he's been average at best and lucky to coach in one of the worst divisions in football.

Tomlins knowledge of situational football is about half a white guys dick.

He just not smart enough of a coach to overcome any sort of adversity.

Peter King has the best response to your insane stance on firing Tomlin.

VVV

There are quite a few reasons why Mike Tomlin should not be fired—and will not be—as coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Let me give you 10:

1. The Rooney family is sane.

2. The Rooney family reads the paper and hears the voice of the fan, but allows neither to dictate family business.

3. You don’t fire a head coach after a 13-4 season, unless the locker room is in flames.

4. You don’t fire a head coach after winning 48 games in four seasons, unless the locker room is in flames.

5. The locker room is not in flames.

6. The Steelers have made their living, and built their success over the past half-century, on stability. The three head coaches in the past 49 seasons have lasted, in order, 23 years (Chuck Noll), 15 (Bill Cowher) and 11 (Tomlin). Noll was 4-0 in Super Bowls, Cowher 1-1, and Tomlin is 1-1.

7. Winning percentage of Pittsburgh coaches since Noll’s hire in 1969: Tomlin .649, Cowher .619, Noll .572.

8. Tomlin is cold and calculating when he and the organization feel it’s necessary; Bruce Arians, Dick LeBeau and James Harrison will tell you that. By and large, players like playing for him, and players play very hard for him.

9. Tomlin has coached 11 seasons and never had a losing one. One other man who’s been a head coach that long hasn’t had a losing season since 2007: Bill Belichick.

10. Who exactly would the Steelers get to replace Tomlin? And don’t give me “ANYONE!” Five of the best candidates in what’s considered a lousy year for candidates (which I don’t agree with) are already spoken for. So ask yourself: Pick a coach you can get. Jim Schwartz? Jim Bob Cooter? Steve Wilks? James Bettcher? I am not maligning them in the least. I am just asking if, as a Steeler partisan, you’d like one of those coaches over Tomlin.

He got lucky and won a Super Bowl. Other than that he's been average at best and lucky to coach in one of the worst divisions in football.

Average at best?

Man, I know you have the browns and that diminishes your desire to watch football in an educated manner but jesus christ. Average at best? That is a statement not backed up by stats.

Average at best?

Man, I know you have the browns and that diminishes your desire to watch football in an educated manner but jesus christ. Average at best? That is a statement not backed up by stats.
He coaches in the worst division in football. And since he coaches in my division I see A LOT of Steelers football every season. He makes a lot of bone headed calls in the heat of the moment. Is he horrible? No. Is he one of the greats? Hell no.

:lol:

DTrKkAeXcAALeMI.jpg

Peter King has the best response to your insane stance on firing Tomlin.

VVV

There are quite a few reasons why Mike Tomlin should not be fired—and will not be—as coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Let me give you 10:

1. The Rooney family is sane.

2. The Rooney family reads the paper and hears the voice of the fan, but allows neither to dictate family business.

3. You don’t fire a head coach after a 13-4 season, unless the locker room is in flames.

4. You don’t fire a head coach after winning 48 games in four seasons, unless the locker room is in flames.

5. The locker room is not in flames.

6. The Steelers have made their living, and built their success over the past half-century, on stability. The three head coaches in the past 49 seasons have lasted, in order, 23 years (Chuck Noll), 15 (Bill Cowher) and 11 (Tomlin). Noll was 4-0 in Super Bowls, Cowher 1-1, and Tomlin is 1-1.

7. Winning percentage of Pittsburgh coaches since Noll’s hire in 1969: Tomlin .649, Cowher .619, Noll .572.

8. Tomlin is cold and calculating when he and the organization feel it’s necessary; Bruce Arians, Dick LeBeau and James Harrison will tell you that. By and large, players like playing for him, and players play very hard for him.

9. Tomlin has coached 11 seasons and never had a losing one. One other man who’s been a head coach that long hasn’t had a losing season since 2007: Bill Belichick.

10. Who exactly would the Steelers get to replace Tomlin? And don’t give me “ANYONE!” Five of the best candidates in what’s considered a lousy year for candidates (which I don’t agree with) are already spoken for. So ask yourself: Pick a coach you can get. Jim Schwartz? Jim Bob Cooter? Steve Wilks? James Bettcher? I am not maligning them in the least. I am just asking if, as a Steeler partisan, you’d like one of those coaches over Tomlin.

I couldn’t give two shits less about what Goodell mouthpiece Peter King has to say.

• Gravy
Reactions: Floptical

Was that the SB with the goal line touchdown that wasnt a touchdown? I remember yelling at the tv that he wasnt in & Im pretty sure it was Pittsburgh

Mike Tomlin, a coach firmly n control of his team.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...-Art-Rooney-Ryan-Shazier/stories/201801180124

Tomlin never lost the locker room, he had it under control and his players respect him. However, there were many instances in which he could have taken better control, including the fiasco for the national anthem in Chicago.

As another example, Tomlin wants players and coaches to report to the locker room two hours before kickoff for games. That was continually ignored by both players and a coach or two.

Not only did Bell arrive much later than that for the playoff game against Jacksonville (as well as one coach), he missed practically the entire Saturday walk-through the day before, showing up about five minutes before practice ended.

Tomlin’s reaction to Mitchell supposedly yelling at the Jaguars outside their locker room before the playoff game?

“That’s part of what I was talking about in today’s climate,’’ he replied. “That’s really kind of irrelevant to me.”

Fire his ass.