Nerd I Know Was On TV This Week

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
There's a group of guy's that I LAN with occasionally and this gentlemen just happens to be one of them, so I guess he's a "geek friend" of mine (even though he told the LAN organizers that I was hacking and wanted me booted out, but whatever). Apparently there's been some "huge" increase in bullying at Univeristy Of Utah as of late, so the hardcore Utah news team did an expose' :)rolleyes: @ Utah news teams not having enough to do).

Anyway, here's a screen cap, it's so stereotypical that it makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

victimlol.jpg

I used to get bullied fairly regularly. I was short, white (both in race and in lack of tan), and skinny, so I was common target of people who were insecure and needed to make themselves feel better. One day when I was 19 or so I decided that no one was going to push me around anymore, and since then I've never stood for people screwing around at my expense. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm of the opinion that being a target for bullying is all mental, and in the way you carry yourself, thoughts?

Bubbles said:
You are a dork with dork friends.....bahahahahaha :heart:

Ah ha, but there is are differences: I have guns, knives, and am psychotic.

Don't ever fall asleep this weekend Bubbles, ever. :fly:

KNYTE said:
[MIG]http://uselessforums.com/files/120505/victimlol.jpg[/MIG]

I used to get bullied fairly regularly. I was short, white (both in race and in lack of tan), and skinny, so I was common target of people who were insecure and needed to make themselves feel better. One day when I was 19 or so I decided that the next person that tried to bully me was going to taste firey napalm from my flame thrower which I constructed from items I picked up at home depot, Since then I've never stood for people screwing around at my expense. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm of the opinion that being a target for bullying is all mental, and in the way you carry yourself, thoughts?

fixt

I think if you carry yourself with confidence you are a more difficult target for a bully, and thus a less likely target. Honestly though, are people really still bullying in college??? Usually by that age most people in general look at bullies like they are jerks. I didn't see or experience any bullying in college or maybe I was too out of it to notice, but whatever.

Last edited:
I love seeing bullies put in their place. A few years ago I was out in the city market district and saw 3 rangers picking on this smaller guy becuase he had a hot girlfriend. He blew them off at first until one said something rude to his girl and then he beat the crap out of all three rangers in less than minute. It was very impressive. He told them he was an ex-navy seal and he let them off easily. I bet he got laid that night.

b_sinning said:
I love seeing bullies put in their place. A few years ago I was out in the city market district and saw 3 rangers picking on this smaller guy becuase he had a hot girlfriend. He blew them off at first until one said something rude to his girl and then he beat the crap out of all three rangers in less than minute. It was very impressive. He told them he was an ex-navy seal and he let them off easily. I bet he got laid that night.

Chuck Norris let him borrow his soul for a minutes there.

I used to get picked on when I was in elementary school because I was one o fthe smarty kids. Then I got boobs in the 6th grade and got picked on for that (I was one of the first) then a group of the boys that picked on me saw me in a bikini the summer after 7th and were really nice to me in 8th grade...in a creepy perverted type of way.

I think I am one of the rare nerds that was never picked on/bullied. Maybe I just didn't care.

Seriously, though. Who does?

taeric said:
I think I am one of the rare nerds that was never picked on/bullied. Maybe I just didn't care.

Seriously, though. Who does?

or maybe it was cause you let everyone come over and have wicked parties at your house? Didn't people used to hang out there when you weren't even home?

KNYTE said:
Chuck Norris let him borrow his soul for a minutes there.

I guess so. Lots of Rangers are stationed here and you can always tell the new ones becuase they are cocky as hell and always looking to prove how bad they think they are.

There were a couple kids in my neighborhood that bullied me when I was a young teen. They saw the special ed bus picking my brother up every morning and thought I should be riding on it too. They were also very chunky boys, and I was a quiet pale little bean poll. They would chant my "nicknames" on the bus and pull my hair. After almost a year of this they stopped after they were caught trying to throw eggs at my house. I don't know why the bullied me, and I don't really care. What goes around comes around. One of the guys is still living at home with his parents. That's vindication right thar baby. :fly:

I don't recall ever being picked on in school. I think it was mostly cause I didn't give a shit. :iono:

I do remember picking on the dirty kids in elementary school, but I quickly grew out of it. I still feel bad for Dawn McClean tho. :(

bast_imret said:
or maybe it was cause you let everyone come over and have wicked parties at your house? Didn't people used to hang out there when you weren't even home?

Well... there was that. Most of those kids were probably the ones that were picked on, though.

I don't remember being picked on specifically, but you always had your click bashing. Everyone was part of a group that always made fun of other groups. I was a drama freak all 4 years in HS, so I caught flack for that, but none of us ever cared. But I get along so well with all types of people that I had friends in alot of different groups, so it was never that much of an issue.