My worst nightmare may be coming true...

The free babysitting as mentioned would be one good benefit.

We moved my in-laws from 120 miles away, to 3 miles away when they were going to lose their house.

They weren't next door, but they were still close enough to run errands for us during the day - and the best part was: NO MORE OVERNIGHT VISITS

Oh yeah, and they're all batshit crazy

My motherinlaw called me at home one day and wanted me to run over to her house and check if the front door was locked:wtf:
I told her if anything was stolen when she got home Id buy her a new one:rolleyes:

April23 said:
Tell them you guys are planning on moving in a year or so... maybe they'll reconsider being so close. :fly:

Too bad we just bought the house in June and love it. They'll know thats a lie.

Pandora said:
My parents live about 30 miles away, and that's still too close sometimes. I couldn't imagine them living nextdoor!

My mom lives one street over which is not a problem at all. She never comes over unless she calls or is invited. If she comes overr and the house is messy she doesn't say anything about it. If she's bored she'll even do some dishes or laundry while she's her. My husband gets along with her great, although part of that is she refuses to interfere.

HifiGirly said:
My mom lives one street over which is not a problem at all. She never comes over unless she calls or is invited. If she comes overr and the house is messy she doesn't say anything about it. If she's bored she'll even do some dishes or laundry while she's her. My husband gets along with her great, although part of that is she refuses to interfere.

Sounds like your mom is pretty great :) Mine could learn a thing or two from her, that's for sure.

if they drop by pretend to be fucking really loudly. scream out the most perverted things you can imagine. I will post some examples if you like.

jaxxor said:
if they drop by pretend to be fucking really loudly. scream out the most perverted things you can imagine. I will post some examples if you like.
Works better if they know you're home alone.

fly said:
Works better if they know you're home alone.

WINNAR!

I hate when I'm executing a manual override and I make some involuntary noise when I finish. I always wonder who heard me. :fly:

jaxxor said:

Well see I don't think that would phase them. One time we were doing it and his mom called. We didn't answer, but you'd think she'd leave a messae and wait for us to call back. Nope she hung up on the answering machine then called over and over, hanging up just before the machine would pick up and she'd call again. Finally my husband answered just to stop the ringing. :mad: Afterwards she thought it was funny.

HifiGirly said:
Well see I don't think that would phase them. One time we were doing it and his mom called. We didn't answer, but you'd think she'd leave a messae and wait for us to call back. Nope she hung up on the answering machine then called over and over, hanging up just before the machine would pick up and she'd call again. Finally my husband answered just to stop the ringing. :mad: Afterwards she thought it was funny.
I would have just taken the phone off the hook. That's fucking inconsiderate. You don't ALWAYS have to talk to anyone.

say something before its to late. better yet make your husband say something. let him take the fall. marriage is all about lying for each other.

You gotta set some groundrules. I grew up about 6 doors down from my dad's parents, in the same model of house. They never just "popped over" for anything, my dad put a stop to that right in the beginning. Even now, I'm about 3 miles from my closest relative and nobody just stops over ever. If they know it's not acceptable they'll leave you alone. It's all about setting boundaries.

what really sucks is living with my grandmother. It's all I can do to toss it off when she's a few rooms over talking to her batty old friends at the top of her lungs. She's deaf so she talks really loud.