Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
:lol:

this is one of the coolest art concepts I've ever heard of :lol:
I love art that steps on some toes, so to speak

http://yumsugar.com/191868
Quick, what comes to mind when you think Easter? I bet some of you said Chocolate Bunnies and some of you probably said Jesus, but did any of you say Chocolate Jesus??

Artist Cosimo Cavallaro has created a confectionary Christ made from more than 200 pounds of chocolate (entitled "My Sweet Lord"). The folks at Esquire have even broken down the nutrition facts for the anatomically correct chocolate Jesus. The sculpture will be revealed to the public on April 1st (which, by the way, made me think it was a joke when I first read it) at the Lab gallery in the Roger Smith Hotel in New York. The creative director of the gallery, Matt Semler, says, "The sign of any great artist is how their work affects the observer."

So how are you affected by it?

chocolate-jesus-lg.jpg

At least a representation finally got the color of his skin a bit more accurate. Now all we have to do is convince people that anyone can say that he's the son of God and organize a bunch of uneducated people with a hatred of an archaic tax system and a repressive, noninclusive governmental system.

I wonder if you'll get chocolate milk if you poke him in the side with a spear. And what would that holy grail give if you drank from the chocolate chalice? Eternal milk?

I wonder if you'll get chocolate milk if you poke him in the side with a spear. And what would that holy grail give if you drank from the chocolate chalice? Eternal milk?

I had to drink from a chocolate chalice to get out of a speeding ticket once. :(