My one-way ticket to Houston

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So my company is covering my move down to Houston for relocation of my job (well a new job, but let's not be pedantic) and they cover the final journey there, the one-way ticket. But they can do it in a couple of ways. They are as follows:

1. Plane flight down there directly from Cleveland. Since the company pays for packers/movers as well as transportation of cars, I only have to bring a carryon and that's it.

2. Drive my car (our cars) down there. The company will pay for food, gas, and lodging for the trip. This has the benefit of seeing sites on the way as well as transporting delicate stuff like beer and beer glasses and wines ourselves instead of the hands of movers.

I know I have enough time to take off to do option 2, and chim is quitting his job in 2 weeks, so he will have the time, but he won't be making any money. And between a VW Golf and a Honda Shit (read: Fit) I don't think we have enough room for all of the beer/wine/liquor/glasses in our collection.

Thoughts anyone?

Will the Golf tow a small trailer? I know the Euro ones do...

Hell the euro Fit (Jazz) pulls a trailer but the Honda dealer literally laughed at me when I asked him if my more powerful model would. Technically no the VW won't.

Pack it well and you don't need to worry about breakables. This is coming from someone who has moved 75 times in his life, including overseas and back. I'd pack everything, let them handle it, and then drive to Houston.

Life goes by quick. Take your time and enjoy the scenery.

Start drinking now and you'll have less to transport.

You're thinking in the wrong direction Chikken, what's happened to you?

That's an option, but some of this shit needs 15 more years aging, so chim waxcoated those.

And this is beer.

If we do the drive, definitely! Although I would be more of a heel than I already am if I didn't visit coqui's spawn, too.

I already met drool's :fly:

You've known me longer than either of them.

And I was the first girl Chim ever kissed.

That would bring the supply to dangerously low levels.

In that scenario, a route would have to be carefully mapped and timed to ensure that enough booze for the trip itself can be obtained at each necessary stopping point. Back-up routes in case of bad traffic that may have to take you to a neighboring county/state with better liquor laws.

Being stuck in a dry county after 5pm is a blood pressure increase I don't need, as is being stuck in a state with no Sunday sales on a Sunday.

A trailer requires less thinking.

Pack it well and you don't need to worry about breakables. This is coming from someone who has moved 75 times in his life, including overseas and back. I'd pack everything, let them handle it, and then drive to Houston.

this.

also, obviously, ship one of the cars and drive the other so you travel together.

travelling with a trailer can be a pain in the ass, and you'll want to enjoy it.

Last edited:

And I thought I moved a lot.

We started chatting online August 2002. Met IRL for the first time July 2003. Made it official Dec 1st 2003. So I thought I met Coqui before I met chim in 2003, but now I think about it, I met zengirl first before I met chim. He was in CA when I went to Chicago for the first time. That would have been in late 2002, early 2003 as well.

Hmmm, the plot thickens.