Hawt Movies you are excited about

The new Blade Runner is ok, but it tries to be more artsy than it needs to be. Solid performances though, and some flat out amazing CGI, especially when seen on an IMAX screen.
However, if you never saw the first one, this one can be confusing.

Also, it might not be the movie you think it is. They did well to hide certain plot points.

Although it's getting good reviews, it's not getting the audience. If word of mouth plays like it will, I don't think it will either. It's not a movie for everyone. There are more moments of steely glares and emptiness filled with really loud industrial noises than there needs to. You'll get maybe 5 minutes of quiet exposition followed by 10 minutes of very loud cacophony without any speaking, and it does this the entire move.

But, if your a BR fan, it's a must see. It really does expand on the original story, but it also leaves that 'one big question' hanging out there.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
The new Blade Runner is ok, but it tries to be more artsy than it needs to be. Solid performances though, and some flat out amazing CGI, especially when seen on an IMAX screen.
However, if you never saw the first one, this one can be confusing.

Also, it might not be the movie you think it is. They did well to hide certain plot points.

Although it's getting good reviews, it's not getting the audience. If word of mouth plays like it will, I don't think it will either. It's not a movie for everyone. There are more moments of steely glares and emptiness filled with really loud industrial noises than there needs to. You'll get maybe 5 minutes of quiet exposition followed by 10 minutes of very loud cacophony without any speaking, and it does this the entire move.

But, if your a BR fan, it's a must see. It really does expand on the original story, but it also leaves that 'one big question' hanging out there.

didn’t see it, but appreciate the comments! big FAN!

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke and nukes
It looks like they went all in on the green screen cgi fest. With Whedon in charge the dialogue will almost certainly be Buffy level snappy

Has anyone seen commercials for Geostorm? It looks so terrible :lol:

It was a Dean Devlin directed flick at one time, but it sucked so bad they fired him and brough in someone else to try and make it releasable.

I don't know why anyone gives Devlin directing jobs anymore. I figured his foray into TNTs 'The Librarians' should have been the coda to his career but apparently not.

Anyway, as a result they also fired Ragnar Lothbrooks first wife and hired someone else to play the female lead in this movie.

The plot sounds like s SyFy original so I'm not even sure how this made a theatrical release.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
I figured his foray into TNTs 'The Librarians' should have been the coda to his career but apparently not.

I watched the pilot for that with a friend of mine who's a librarian and at the end the only thing she had to say was "technically they're archivists"