Halp Mothers: entre vous, por favor

I had 2 of my 3 kids basically teach themselves how to read at 3 1/2 years old with leapfrog. The 11 year old is reading at a beyond high school level (test result said grade 12+) and the 8 year old is reading at an 11th grade level. It's all in the programs you buy for the leap pad.
What shit did you get?

I learned to read thanks to my parents reading to me, not with these new witchcraft devices.

:fly:

this shit. Be involved. Before school.

I had read half the local library by the time i was 5 thanks to my parents taking me and teaching me to read at 3ish. I was probably 6 or 7 before i discovered sci-fi and fantasy, but i have fond memories of half a dozen books ranging from nancy drew and the hardy boys to asimov and piers anthony from around that age (and on a more kidsy front, Redwall, loved those books). I would walk out with a stack of books literally as tall as me once a week.

Honestly, best thing that ever happened to me thanks to my mom, I wouldnt be where I am today if i hadnt read so much and had the encouragement and teaching to do so at such an early age. Thanks mom.

I had 2 of my 3 kids basically teach themselves how to read at 3 1/2 years old with leapfrog. The 11 year old is reading at a beyond high school level (test result said grade 12+) and the 8 year old is reading at an 11th grade level. It's all in the programs you buy for the leap pad.

maybe we just have the wrong shit

Half the library by 5 but you hadn't found SciFi/Fantasy until 6-7?

riiiiiiight

thats was obviously hyperbole. Im sure i didnt read all the cookbooks.

how about this instead. 10-14 new books each week, every week.

What shit did you get?

Most of it was the leap pad with the cartridges. The one that looks like a hand held gaming device with a stylus. 100's of cartridges out there from math, science, and reading. Kids think they're playing video games but their learning